What happened to Paradise Reef in bradenton?

Agreed

Agreed

Can't go wrong with Coral Connection or KD's--- And Paradise Reef is what is wrong with alot of business people these days.. Really sad and should be criminal.

Epic reef in Sarasota (Bee ridge road, a mile from exit 207) is my go-to place these days. Clean store, decent selection of coral, and knowledgeable/friendly owners. Worth the drive (I literally live 40 miles away, and make that drive.)

I second Epic Reef on Bee Ridge - Charley and his wife do a great job. Prices are good and there stuff is always healthy. The only place I go to regularly.

I am new to Bradenton - do you folks that live there think it will support a good aquarium store? I'm thinking about it and have the experience to do it right but just don't know my market yet. feedback?

I am new to Bradenton - do you folks that live there think it will support a good aquarium store? I'm thinking about it and have the experience to do it right but just don't know my market yet. feedback?

There aren't any good stores around the area and the one that i prefer to go to is in sarasota. Theres once off of 53rd next to i75 but I'm not a fan of that location. I would support a new local location and be willing to help it out!!

I know this thread is from a couple months ago, but I figure letting you guys know might still help.
KD's is a great store, but some of the employees aren't. I live maybe 7 miles down 70 in lakewood ranch, so it's the closest store to me. Despite the one bad experience I had with an employee there, it's a great store. It's on the small end, but it's cool. Their livestock is always super super healthy looking, and to give you an idea of prices $25 for 3 heads of frogspawn. Not bad. As far as bradenton goes, they probably are your best bet.
Now Sarasota is a different story.
All of those are a bit of a drive for me, but it's worth it.
Coral Connection is a nice little store. Guy reminds me of an actor for some reason. They have a variety of average to high end corals. I've been a few times, but never bought anything.
Seascape Aquarium and Pet Center- Now these guys are over in Gulf Gate. So a little further. The store itself is definitely dated. The tank stands are noticeable worn down, but the livestock is good. They're an ORA retailer, so you can find some nice stuff. They have a kick-*** Red Sea display in the front.
There are a ton more over there, but these two are my go toos.

IK this is a really old post now but just figured I would put in some info on their new store. DONT GO THERE! The only thing I was buying from them was water because it was the closest store. Since buying water from them I have been fighting cyno and hair algae. When I was buying water from Sea Scapes i never had a problem. I will not by buying water from them anymore just going to take the time to drive to Sea Scapes

Make your own it's cheaper and done right. I've purchased water from a store to find out it was fresh water when I went to do the water change. Owner didn't care and I haven't purchased from them since.

Back