What is live rock / rock rubble going for per lb these days?

PI Guy

Just curious. I’ve got half of a five gal bucket of dead rock rubble that someone may want. What’s it worth? Should I cure it and make it more valuable?

Thanks

It really varies by location. Around where I live, you can barely get $1/lb. LFS sells dry rock for about $4/lb. I honestly wouldn’t expect much for it (even if cured)

It's time for rock rubble here to re-seed my larger pieces in display tank but I've been putting it off since my fav local reef store (outstanding) went belly up during covid. I expect the only rational thing to do is to pay to have it shipped then put it in rubbermaid trashcan with pump going for a few days to a week, then think about adding it to tank. I'll have to pay for all that so I'm looking to do it sometime during summer. Shipping costs are way up and only overnight seems wise.

I had (2) 5-gal buckets of tonga and fiji pieces golf-ball sizes... it hung around since maybe 2007 and I think I tossed it in the trash a few years back... Now I am back into SPS and wish I had it to mount frags on!

Back