What is this horrendous monster?!

bmw_zoan

This thing came on a piece of live rock, I saw it when we placed the new piece about 3 weeks ago, and it disappeared. I bought an urchin about a week ago and the first few days he was fine... Then about 3 days ago he looked almost dead, he wasn't moving and he was turning white/opaque.. The next day he was more white/opaque, and yesterday at night I saw this thing on top of it eating it! It fully ate it, this morning there where no signs of the urchin... I don't know if this thing killed it or if it died and this thing just ate it.. I got worried and I am hoping somebody know what this is. Thanks.

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to put bigger pics on the post and not as attatchments, I'd really appreaciate it... Thanks again

Attachments

• 101_3431.JPG
    101_3431.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 101_3432.JPG
    101_3432.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 1
Can't really tell from the pic. If you can save the picture sized to 800X600 or 1024X768 that would make it easier to see. But sounds strange the way you described it. The thing on the new rock, did it look like a large worm?

Jay

Well Jay it looks like a huge worm I mean it just covered the complete urchin and ate it over night! I have tried to but, it says it has a lot of megabites it only accepts 102 MG.... Ill try the flickr thing though ill figure out how to put bigger pics on thanks :)..

The rule of thumb is if you don't know what it is then Kill IT! LOL!well thats what i do then I research it for next time I encounter it I know what to do about it. Ive never come across a flat worm, so now I got to do some googleing to see what its all about.

If you find anything interesting let me know, and yea I was going to kill it but it was in the back of my tank if I ever get a chance again he is going out of there

Back