What is this

Zoa eating nudibranches are bad, pods are great! They help with biodiversity. They process detritus. They feed corals and fish like mandarins and pipefish, when you get them well established of course. Some zoas will eat small pods not only phytoplankton. Congratulations! It's all part of the growth of a healthy tank!

Zoa eating nudibranches are bad, pods are great! They help with biodiversity. They process detritus. They feed corals and fish like mandarins and pipefish, when you get them well established of course. Some zoas will eat small pods not only phytoplankton. Congratulations! It's all part of the growth of a healthy tank!
oh but if I'm doing a fresh water dip for my zoanthids when I get new ones won't the pods fall off? Is there any dip I can dip them in where the good hitchhikers won't fall off?

No but the pods you have will reproduce. Freshwater dip won't get those nudis until you hit 2 min. I wrote a paper on that. Just FYI. But no dips get eggs, good or bad so you will get some pods from that... And possibly any other pest. Someone else might know though.

Back