what kind of lightsto use on a fowlr

freewilly2

i have 2 10000 k 65 watt coralife bulbs and 2 fpl 65 watt blue actinic on a fowlr are these too powerful? if so what do i need and what kind of lights do you use on your fowlr/

Just try to stay away from staight 6500k bulbs; they've got a yellow/red hue thats not so noticable, algae loves them.

I use 2- 175 MH 12k Reeflux on a PFO mag. ballast for my 180 fowlr, and thats all. Brings out beautiful colors on the fish, nice crisp blue white color.

48153P1010148__Medium_.JPG

Nice, tank! I just picked up two 250W pendants/ballasts with 20k XM bulbs; I look forward to seeing how they look.

should be a good color. Yeah, i look at my reef witch has 400w 20k XM's and I love the intense brighter color they give off compared to the 175's............but my elect. bill is high enough so I'm not going to be brighting up the fowlr anytime i don't think......I have a few softies in my fowlr too and they seem to fair well w/ the 175's and higher nitrates.

Hows the Clown? I'm debating putting one in my 210, but that'll make it 3 trigs, so it could be asking for trouble.

3 is alot, you might want to ask one of the trigger experts that one. I had a picassco before the clown, I got rid of him because he would just buldoze everyone down in his path. The angels did'nt like that. The clown is only hyper during feeding, otherwise he does'nt pose too much of a problem. I do keep my eye out on him though.

I've got a FO which is 4 feet deep and I need to replace the lights. I'm looking for something that can penetrate this deep and brings out some nice colors. I've got 48" fixutres, so I'm looking for something that will fit into this. Any hightly recommended lights?

Back