What makes one Calcium Reactor better than another?

zeeter

As the subject suggests, what makes one calcium reactor better than another similarly sized reactor?

For example, I see one from Reef Octopus for over $700 while a similarly sized one from Aquamax is just over $300. It doesn't appear that the Reef Octopus one comes with any additional equipment, so if I need to rent a CO2 bottle and CO2 regulator/controller and Ph probe, it doesn't make much sense to spend all of that extra money for the more expensive reactor.

Is the Reef Octopus one worth $400 more? If so, why? And not just Reef Octopus - there's a lot of others that are around the same price.

As the subject suggests, what makes one calcium reactor better than another similarly sized reactor?

For example, I see one from Reef Octopus for over $700 while a similarly sized one from Aquamax is just over $300. It doesn't appear that the Reef Octopus one comes with any additional equipment, so if I need to rent a CO2 bottle and CO2 regulator/controller and Ph probe, it doesn't make much sense to spend all of that extra money for the more expensive reactor.

Is the Reef Octopus one worth $400 more? If so, why? And not just Reef Octopus - there's a lot of others that are around the same price.
Which models are you comparing to each other? One might be more because the reactor chamber is larger and a dual model. I prefer the design of the reef octopus because it's a screw on top removal for the media while the aquamaxx has thumbscrews which everybody knows is a pain in the butt.

i run an MRC dual chamber and i look for a reactor that will make the most of the C02. Some don't circulate as well as others and much of the CO2 is wasted back into the tank lowering pH too much. most will dissolve media fine but MRC has drilled down tubes which push the water horizontally through the media while circulating. that's what sold me on those. mine works flawlessly.
1697757823057.png

Last edited:
Back