What should I feed my bubble corals?

mdvistnes

I have a few bubble corals in a group on the bottom of my tank on the sand bed. Been there a few months and they just never open up and look great. Water param are all good. Alk 11, Ca 400-450. I have been feeding the tank a variety of things but recently moved to spot feeding individually. They are under 4 x 400w MH plus PC actinics and pretty low flow at the bottom. Anything I should use specifically to target feed them? I started to use mysis, coral frenzy, cyclo, zooplankton, etc for most of my LPS. Anything else I can do? Thanks for the help.

If there doing good, I wouldn't worry about feeding them. Might be getting all they need from the lights alone. You could always buy some small bay shrimp at the supermarket and give it a try. If it does eat, maybe feed it once every three weeks or so. See how it goes.
LPS corals like a bubble, torch, frogspawn etc, I would much rather spot feed them with bits and pieces from the seafood section at the local supermarket than throwing foods that will dissolve in the water. Seems safer to me.

GL.

Last edited:
I spot feed our bubbles on occasion, when I feed the smaller LPS, with a squirt of Cyclopeeze (frozen) and mysis mix. I also have a homemade, frozen food with small chunks of clam, shrimp, and scallops that I feed on a very rare occasion.

Funny coincidence that you posted this question though, as I took this picture this morning. I woke up and found our green bubble munching on a chromis that was alive when I went to bed last night.

Bubbleeatingchromis003.jpg

i target feed my bubbles and pearls with turkey baster they love it,mixture of esv phyto brine and mysis grind in blender once a week,target feed gets the food direct

i target feed my bubbles and pearls with turkey baster they love it,mixture of esv phyto brine and mysis grind in blender once a week,target feed gets the food direct

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14179300#post14179300 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mdvistnes
whoa - maybe that's where my all chromis keep disappearing to...

hmmm i second that i had 30 of them and a month later i have 2. bubble coral sure got big fast:rollface:

..I've heard that sometimes when a bubble isn't opening up or growing fast enough, you should put it under a ledge so that it's a bit shaded. they are on the lower end of the lighting requirement. I've seen it work in a few circumstances. Cant hurt to try it out, if you're careful, of course.

Back