What should I feed this gorg?

forrealb50

I purchased this gorg frag and was told it's non photosynthetic. I want to make sure that is correct and also what you would advise feeding it.

I have a whole bar of cyclop eeze. Will it eat that?

DSC_0137-2.jpg

uhuru

Swiftia exserta, one of the easier ones. It should. I also recommend the FM gorgonian/sea fan line of foods, fed through an automatic food dispenser to ensure regular feedings. They definitely take up that stuff. Make sure it is in a decent flow area.

forrealb50

Swiftia exserta, one of the easier ones. It should. I also recommend the FM gorgonian/sea fan line of foods, fed through an automatic food dispenser to ensure regular feedings. They definitely take up that stuff. Make sure it is in a decent flow area.

As far as flow goes how will I know if it's not getting enough flow. I have some spots that will probably rip it out of that rock but I put it in a spot where I can see the polyps swaying around.

uhuru

If it's just sitting in a hole without epoxy and not falling over, i'd say no, not enough flow. As for feeding, they are non-photosynthetic with small mouths, do you really think once/wk is enough? Where did you read this? I have never tried starving mine, but unless you can find proof of success with once/wk feedings, I wouldn't believe it. I feed mine at least 10x PER DAY, in addition to continuous drip (usually).

Last thing is I strongly recommend doing your research before purchasing next time. Non-photo gorgs can be very sensitive to flow. They like it strong and linear (non turbulent).