What to do next??????????????

phishman1

Well now I'm at a crossroad of sorts, 46 gallon, up couple of months now, water perfect and has been for about 4 weeks now, live rock, live sand etc. Started out with the usual damsel, then added two small clowns, a bit of aggression on the part of the damsel as I was told might happen, but no fin nipping or bumping, just charges once in a while. Clowns are smallish but as they gain size I assume they will be ok.

Friend of mine gave me a small rock with some Xenia and a couple of polyps on it, green button polyps and well it just went from there and quickly. I have GSP, Kenya Tree, more xenia, more polyps...and on and on.

Quickly becoming an obsession unfortunately.

Now I'm not sure which way to go, I would like another fish and if so what do I get? Or since I'm enjoying the coral thing so far, perhaps spend my money on corals to add?

Bit of a budget here so I'm fine with the beginner type corals and I'm friends with the local fish store here in Daytona so I get pretty good deals on corals.

What to do, what to do???

You could try a new coral and see if the clowns take a liking. Most people think of anemones, but my pair of dominoes will "œnest" in a branching hammer, welso, and gonipora. The hammer and welso are pretty easy to keep. I killed a couple of gonies until I up'ed the flow on them, and that seemed to be the key.
The corals you mentioned are super easy, but over time may grow out of control. You might want to isolate them from any new rock.

Back