What to do with 18yr old clown?

motopsycho

I have an occelaris clown that is going to be 18 this year. He was in a 180g reef for 10yrs and then we moved and had to downsize so he has been in a 30g fowlr for the last 8. His mate died last year and I'm in the initial stages of a 90g. Should I continue with the smaller tank for him or move him to the larger tank. I have been afraid to shock him or have others pick on him. Could I move him into the bigger home and introduce another clown? I don't plan on having many fish in the 90 and focus on corals.

First, awesome job on keeping one for so long! The longest I've kept one (a maroon, and it was a move that did her in) was 12 years, but I'd follow your instinct and just keep him where he is, if you're able to.

First, awesome job on keeping one for so long! The longest I've kept one (a maroon, and it was a move that did her in) was 12 years, but I'd follow your instinct and just keep him where he is, if you're able to.
Thank you. My instinct says status quo, just wanted to try and give him a better home if it was feasible.

Back