what wrasse are invert friendly?

maddmaxx

Im looking to add some cleaner shrimp to my system soon, and was wondering what wrasse i could eventually add that wont make them a snack...???

I have had a 6 line and mystery wrasse with a cleaner shrimp without problems.. I think you are taking a chance with any wrasse but my strategy is to have the cleaner shrimp for a while before adding a wrasse.. Let the shrimp get comfortable and established. And make sure your wrasses are never hungry..

yea i know the combo is iffy,,,but i truly like both lol. the strimp are sick to watch, but wrasse are very active and add an lil something to a tank...decisions decisions haha

I have a 4" green coris wrasse with a coral banded shrimp, a camel shrimp , and a blood shrimp. It doesn't even look at them.

I have a large yellow coris, flame pair, ruby headed, and a lubbocks and so far so good. All were established months before I added the shrimp. Fingers crossed.

I don't know the proper names, but I have a false-eye wrasse and scarlet wrasse. If i put a shrimp or hermit in the tank they are lucky if they make it to the rock/sand before getting picked off. The scarlet actually grabs the hermits and rips them out of their shells.

The false-eye was in there for a while with a cleaner and coral banded shrimp, and I think he learned bad habits from the scarlet. Also, neither one of them will touch the harlequin shrimp.

i did have a melanarus. it was about 4" or so... any time i put in a new snail or hermit,,,ding ding ding,,,it was go time. beat the hell out of them things. never stood a chance. ive also heard to have the shrimp well established before getting the wrasse.

i have a large sixline wrasse who has lived peacefully with cleaner and other types of shrimp for 4 years now. except recently when i added 3 cleaner shrimp - he caught one as i released it into the tank and gobbled it up. the other two are fine, as are all my other shrimp.

I've had six-line, flame and red head solon wrasses with skunk cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp, hermits and snails with no issues save one. When I introduced the pistol shrimp, I made a mistake by adding the shrimp with the lights on. The six-line immediately went after him, but the pistol got free or got dropped and made it into the rocks before another attack. Was close to being an expensive lesson and I was not happy with the six-line.

Back