Whats going on with my clam

ChickenCannoneer

Premium Member
Just recently added a new 10" maxima to the tank but it really has not been fully extending it's mantle and doesn't seem to have PM. Should I do a 20 min FWD to try and help him out?
I have several other clams and they are all doing well. This clam is usually open more and the mantle is normally about at the edge of the shell but it is kind of closed up due to me messing with trying to see if there were any pry. snails. Thanks, Tim I know it is not the greatest picture but it is the best I could do 2 mins ago.
DSCF0724.jpg

clam

clam

make sure it isnt close to anything that will sting and also pick it up and look on the bottom and make sure no aptasia is popping up underneath it if thats not the case it could be your lighting and/or your water quality test water perameters and make sure everything is kosher, hope this helps

i only have one clam and it is a t. derasa. do maximas usually have the scutes on the sides of the shell, it looks like my derasa.

if it is a derasa, it should be on the sand, not the rocks.

here's my derasa.

20899derasa2.jpg

again, i'm not saying it's not a maxima, maybe they grow scutes at larger sizes. just an idea for ya'

lol. never mind, i guess maximas do have scutes unless they have been boring into the rock.

i wish i had some advice that would help you.

Back