what's this called???

FF Rainwater

New member
ive seen it discussed before but i want to install some sort of "small winch" in the ceiling above my tank to raise the entire canopy from the tank...probaby take two of them since the tank is 8' long...


New member
Not sure about in an aquarium, but in boating the gizmo used a winch or hoist something up (usually the anchor) is called a "windlass"

Just guessing...