Whats up AZ!?!?!

Helfrichs Chic

Looooooong time fellow reefers! I was emailed from someone on here wanted to use a pic of mine from like 10 years ago so I thought I'd pop in and share some recent pics. The wildlife has been so rad lately, maybe it'll inspire you to come down! Last year we moved from St. Thomas to St. Croix - trying out a different island for a bit as my Fiancé was needed to run the OMX here. Yes we have OMX Home Depot and Kmart! STT actually got Walgreens a couple years back and it was like the biggest deal. There was a parade and every single islander was there for the ribbon cutting. I love the small town feel. The diving in STX is OFF THE CHAIN. Snorkeling is better in STT and overall I like St. Thomas better as there is great access to the BVI's and St. John but St. Croix is just a mecca for underwater macro! The pier here is one of the best dive sites I have ever been on. It's 3 minutes from my house (did that on purpose) and worked out a deal for design goods in trade for free tanks for life. Win. I dive the pier twice a week and there is always something new!

We've been just traveling and doing crazy amounts of diving with some work in there, to pay for it all. Been down island to about 9 islands so far (St. Lucia is very nice, St. Martin has a great shark dive, Barbados is the most beautiful pink sand beaches) and for my birthday two years ago we went to South Africa to dive with the white sharks. Saw three - one was 14ft and the size around was just unreal. The vis was too crappy for any good pics but it was still awesome but too cold and WAY too much seal poop lol. The water today was 86 at 50ft. THAT is what I am talking about. We don't need no wetsuits here, HA! We did a 8 day treehouse safari up towards JoBurg - HIGHLY recommend that! It was epic. Next time Mexico for clear water for the GW diving. :lolspin: Won a contest for halloween (of course) to Costa Rica for a week so I got to se the poison frog I used to breed. That was cool. Tabacon is a MUST SEE!!! Top 3 places for me so far. Also made it to Portugal and Morocco a couple months back but no diving... awesome FOOD though and SO much cheaper than the islands.

Sadly I am not leading any dive or snorkel tours right now while in STX. Just not really a lot of tourism here and I am spoiled working for a really cool dude in STT. Not like the 20,000 we get on STT a day. We will be moving back to STT next year and I will get back to getting paid to snorkel and dive. THAT is why I moved here after all ;)

I was in AZ for this past Christmas and thanks to some of the fraggers that came to my engagement party. I was violently sick lol but made it through. I think my body completely rejects stateside now. Its so weird... reverse island fever for sure for this girl, I adore these rocks!

I have had a few fraggers come visit the islands. if you make it to St. Croix (and I highly suggest you do!) make sure you hit me up and we'll dive dive dive!! No passport needed!!!! and its such a rad place! St. Thomas is too and I can fly over on the seaplane for diving :) It stays low enough to dive and fly same day. I will try to check my inbox more frequently than every two years... sorry Jporter LOL!!!!

I post a lot of my photos weekly on the facebook page of "Adventures in Diving STX".

ENJOY! :fish1:
P6050050%20copy.jpg

P7040996%20copy.jpg

P6060127%20copy.jpg
P6060131.jpg

P7040945%20copy.jpg

P6250738%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, so you take people diving and they frag some of the corals on the dive??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HA! No that would be pretty illegal here although I am told there are some locals with small reef tanks... hmmmm

I meant as in fraggers came and visited from AZ - sans actually fragging coral ;) Although I have been helping with a Staghorn grow out project recently.

Back