Whats your TDS of your tap water?

sirrealism

I moved about 1.5 years ago and used to test my tap water at my last house. Ran about 140. Never tested the new house but I am going through prefilters very fast. They turn orange in about 50g of rodi. my inline TDS meter took a crap so I ordered one of the new ones with 3 sensors on it so number 3 went to post pre and first carbon, Before 2nd carbon "I am running 8 stages" anyway I fired it up and let it flush for a few min and started checking. 0 TDS after DI. 7 TDS after RO and 236 TDS before 2nd carbon!!! I thought what the hell??? So I checked my tap water and I am 270 out of the tap!!
Is there anyone else who has this bad of tap water? Thank god I bought a case of 50 prefilters a few years ago but I am going through them much faster then at my last place and had very little orange back then. Oh and if you want to know my water company is FGUA. This company is a ripoff. If I dont use a drop of water my bill would be 75$
I dont water my lawn with it and used 3600 gal last month and my bill is 128$. Thats just over 100g per day for a family of 3 plus 5 systems. Now if i got pristine water say under 100 tds I would not complain but to pay so much for such crap water bothers me. Oh and at my last house we watered the lawn with tap water and had more people living in the house and my water was never over 30$ and water use was well over 5000g and sometimes 800g and still never more then 30$. All my neibors complain about this. For some of us we pay more for water then elec.

Last edited:
Im in St Pete and get an average tds of 250 out the tap.

Where did you live to get $30 water bills? Mine average around $80.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hah!! My tap water comes from the Charles river.. I'm going to go test it right now.. after all the winter run off.. stay tuned..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Surprisingly low actually, 332, last year it hit almost 500.. who knows what it Is? Probably a lot of road salts and car wash products?

My tap tds in Hernando county is 750 ppm, horrible. In pasco was around 230.

i am in Port richey. I used to be on pasco county and thats where the water was so cheap. I am shocked to hear how bad others water is. They expect us to drink this water.

Im in St Pete and get an average tds of 250 out the tap.

Where did you live to get $30 water bills? Mine average around $80.

Hey Tony. Does your trash get included in your water bill in St pete? i know when I lived there it did. Here it is just water and sewage, nothing else.

I believe it is included. I used to go off my well water which was only ~120 tds.

Im in Port Richey, My water and sewer runs between 40-50 bucks a month. Garbage 135 a year.

Hudson tap is 280, my RO system takes it down 2-3 TDS.

My water bill is around $27 per month, garbage is about $30 every 3 months.

In New Tampa it was around 400 last I checked. This makes me even more jealous of your cheap water bills :(

Clearwater: 400 TDS (w/ water softener)
Post RO: 2 (99.5% rejection rate - pretty awesome!)
Post DI: 0

Wesley Chapel: 280 TDS
Post DI's: 0

I use regular cheap sediment and carbon filters, a filter guys chloramine carbon filter, 75gpd RO and two DI. I also use the avast barrel tender so that I am always filling 30 gallons at a time.

I guess it doesn't matter, but just for comparison...

I am on a well in Northern Virginia. My TDS out of the tap is 14.

I am jealous of 14 out of a well. I guess i should not complain so much about my tds with what most of the replys being pretty high. I guess i will just complain about the cost. FGUA stands for Florida government utility authority. It sounds like a government utility but i am almost positive its a private company. I have a friend who lives in the same neighborhood as me but 6 blocks north. He is on pasco county water and has the 30$ water bill. I tested his water and it was 203. I just dont understand how they can charge so much for water. Oh and he uses more water then me. All my neighbors complain about this also so its not just me winning lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back