when do i refill co2 bottle?

CMcNeil

my gauge says around 400lbs but its just trickling out of the bubble counter.i even opened the needle valve all the way and still nothing.so do i need to refill?

air gas to get them refilled they might even be able to do test to see if the gages are functioning properly

I get my tanks filled at a local welding place (West Bay Welding - 8080 Ulmerton Rd). I'm sure you have a place right around the corner from you. Mine will work fine until the last dropwhen it reads 0, but some gauges are different.

You did put a CO2 check valve between the CO2 tank and the reactor - didn't you. I don't mean one of those cheapo 4$ ones for air, because they don't work very well at all. If you did - good, if not very bad and any water getting into the gages/tanks etc is VERY bad and will ruin your equipment.

I get mined filled at west bay too. I usually have about a weeks worth left when it gets down to 500lbs. It drops pretty quick when it gets below 1000. Is it a 5lbs or 10lbs and how long has it been running?

Chris, I was thinking about your refill and it seems like your tank didn't last very long. I just got mine refilled but I didn't start with a full tank. You don't have that many SPSs that you would go through a tank in only around 6 weeks - JMO. Maybe we need to get an average refill time, like The Hawk'ster - how long does your CO2 tank last for your 90G? I thought something like 3 months for the 5# but I could be way off here.

I have a 10lbs tank and it lasts about 4 months and my tank is pretty much full of sps. I have to say that I'm disappointed that a 10lb tank only lasts this long, I thought that it would last much longer. Now I wish I had got a 20lb tank.

its a 5lb bottle and it was turned on 3/14/07,so it lasted around 45 days.carol i have alot of sps over 35 peices plus 6 clams.

But size does matter in this case - five inches vs 10 inch SPS is a big difference. I have lots also but I know I'm not using as much as Paul because they're a fragment of his size. Right now in the 65 I have 22 but I know nothing near the requirements of Pauls. I also have LPSs which are full size but still not as much. I thought Paul had said his would last about 3 months - I'll check.

now its working like normal again.hmmmmmmmmmm.with 250 lbs the bubble counter is working.at least 12 of the pieces i have are small colonies and 3 of the clams are 3-4"+.so id imagine they are sucking up some calcium.i kind of figured about 3 months for the bottle as well but dont think i am going to get it.i am going to refill it on monday.oh yeah and i do have a check valve on the regulators so water shouldnt be getting into the gauges or bottle.

I figured you did have the check valve but I've done some crazy things because I just got busy and forgot. I think it was Paul that said he got 3 months and we were kind of keying off that - same system. I figured with my load I should get 4 or 5 - as compared to Pauls but I'd figure it would also depend on what you keep the levels at and how often you change your water - lot of variables. But 6 weeks that's very surprising.

i guess it could have plenty of co2 in the bottle at 250lbs.but im just going to refill it to be safe.ok so my next question will be,how long does you co2 tank last you guys/gals?please give me tank size and sps/clam load.

i have a 75 and a55 frag tank and i have a ten pound tank that has lasted me 4 months with 70# left i have a high load of sps and no clams at the time

Back