Where to buy custom tanks in SoCal

When I was over at Jeff's the guy i talked to didnt seem to know the brand of aquariums they dealt with, or seemed particularly excited about ordering a glass tank. I like Jeff, he's a nice guy, and he can get drygoods as cheap as it gets, but two things i dont buy from him are livestock and tanks. Just my experience.

I did go by CoralOasis today and i did like the shop. A few nice corals. But they didnt seem to have ordered too many tanks before...

I have talked to Frank about the tank. Prob the most helpfull guy i've met. I've bought some other things from him and he's always given me a straight answer. I dont know if he deals with Del Mar though. Waiting for a quote from Eric at the moment...

the funny thing is that all of us are getting the same price quote from LeeMar, its just how much one is willing to make or ... price war starts..lol

if you are talking about acrylic tanks, then its a different story

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6877778#post6877778 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tankslave
but two things i dont buy from him are livestock and tanks. Just my experience.

so what's your experience with buying a tank from Jeff? Let me give you some advice...regardless who orders it, your going to get the same tank. Get the best price from the nearest place and run with it. Who gives a rats butt about being nice and helpfull when buying a tank...unless you don't have a clue what you want, then your counting on a LFS guy.....

but i am also counting on him to be competent enough to get the order right. Its not asking for much, but for some people it is. If they dont even know the name of their vendor, then Im going to go elswhere...

Back