Where to buy Purple People Eaters??

Evyllchyld

Trying again
I absolutely LOOOOVE PPE's... Just would like to know if anyone on here has them or where I can possibly buy them???? Also, is there something to look out for when buying PPE?? I don't know if this is a major issue.. but maybe people selling knock off zoanthid's that aren't really true PPE??? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian,

I don't have any PPEs so I really don't know how much they vary according to light. So I am going to turn this thread from being a borderline WTB thread to a what to look for before you buy thread.

Here is what I would do.
Study the pics on www.zoaid.com for the distinctive colors associated with this particular zoa.

A large polyp
Neon green slit mouth
A solid purplish center (area around mouth)
A green skirt that is close the green on the mouth.

Also, make sure you ask what spectrum their lights are so you can determine how close it will look to your own lights. Ask if the seller can provide more than one picture/angle of the zoa so that you can compare and contrast to make sure there is no photoshop in play.

You could try advertising on the WTB forum here on RC or go on an auction site and type PPE into their search engine.

Good luck

Thanks for the post. I have a WTB posting in the *** forum, no responses yet though. I'm going to check ebay again. Thanks for the tips when I'm going to buy one :)

theere is an ebay auction rite now going on, thats over today
2 polyps!
cant post a link though!

Back