Where to put my Tunze ATO

Hiya!

So I have been working with my Red Sea ATO untill now. This is the reservoir with the float, so nothing fancy. Since ive been having to fill it almost every 2 days and im going on holiday, i bought a Tunze Osmolator 3155.

Now on to my question:
Putting the ATO sensor in the chamber with my return pump will trigger the alarm of the ATO every time I turn off the return pump. So ive been thinking, what if i just put the sensor in the Red Sea ATO reservoir. What would be the pros and cons of this?

Hiya!

So I have been working with my Red Sea ATO untill now. This is the reservoir with the float, so nothing fancy. Since ive been having to fill it almost every 2 days and im going on holiday, i bought a Tunze Osmolator 3155.

Now on to my question:
Putting the ATO sensor in the chamber with my return pump will trigger the alarm of the ATO every time I turn off the return pump. So ive been thinking, what if i just put the sensor in the Red Sea ATO reservoir. What would be the pros and cons of this?
I can't see a problem. The Red Sea level drops during top up, the Tunze refills the Red Sea. Seems like good redundancy.

Back