Which brace to remove on AGA stand for a sump?

rgourley

Premium Member
I just bought a AGA stand for a 75 gallon, and my 29 gallon sump wont fit either from the top or front. It's too long at 30".

I've read some people removing the front brace (between the doors) to get the sump in, but what about the brace on the top (front to back).

Which is safest to remove? I plan to put it back with woodscrews or nails but would like to remove the least structural piece.

thanks

- R

either one would work. are you doing this while the tank is empty i take it? if so then you could remove whichever is easiest to take out and replace.
if not then obviously the front face frame is the only way to go while supporting the tank in the meantime. i think Melev has a blog about this on his website

Thanks for the replys. The tank is empty now. I'm leaning towards removing the top brace and lowering it in that way, since it seems like that is less of a support point.

Also, AGA stands use staples on the brace, if i re-attach, do you think wood screws or smallish nails be good?

thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7522796#post7522796 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rgourley

Also, AGA stands use staples on the brace, if i re-attach, do you think wood screws or smallish nails be good?

Yep

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7522796#post7522796 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rgourley
Thanks for the replys. The tank is empty now. I'm leaning towards removing the top brace and lowering it in that way, since it seems like that is less of a support point.

thanks

actually their stands use glue and staples on EVERYTHING. i went through and put a couple screws in the end planks (sturys front to back).

Back