Which Carribean Resort?

I'll chime in with something a little different, How about Jamaica? I go several times a year and love it. The snorkeling is good and the diving is decent. I always see sea turtles, nurse sharks and abundant fish! No it isn't Roatan or the caymans but for the money it is great. I either stay at couples negil or couples swept away. all dives are free including rental, all snorkeling is free and the do trips several times a day. The resorts are all inclusive and the service is fantastic.

I have been to theses resorts in mexico,Excellance Playa Mujeres, Aventura spa Palace, Moon Palace, La Blanc, Cancun Palace. Doninican Republic, Excellance Punta Cana. Jamaica, Couples Swept Away, Couple Negril, Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Grand Caymans Holliday Inn 7 mile beach (not there anymore). If you consider any of the above I can tell you more if you like.

Below is a link to two of my dive vidoes while at Couples Negril.
http://youtu.be/ws3sLA8zSQc

http://youtu.be/VNAtcS4-JQA

Any suggestions for resorts in the Riviera Maya? Been looking at EL Cid. I'm going for something similar in a 5 day stay in December and trying to stay on a budget.

CanadaGuy,

Any success?

Look at (ABR) Akumal Beach Resort. It is the BEST snorkle destination I've been to. You will see turtles almost every day! See locogringo for details on the resort or condos.

Turks and Caicos is fantastic. Beaches resort for a relaxed pampered stay and SCUBA all in. Snorkelling from the beach or a short walk along the bay.
It is a marine reserve which they respect so has a huge amount of life, even when it's windy there is somewhere to dive.
I have heard that little cayman is good for beach access for snorkelling and scuba.

Hth

I've been to Bonaire several times so I'm biased. If your thinking about Bonaire let me know and I can help you out with your questions etc.

Jason

I've been to Bonaire several times so I'm biased. If your thinking about Bonaire let me know and I can help you out with your questions etc.

Jason

Hi
I am looking for the same info as the OP! Is Bonaire safe? Any kid friendly resort with great off beach snorkelling in the resort? Can we see corals too or just fish? Thx!

OP:
I heard the best bang for $ is Akumal beach resort , Barcelo maya palace deluxe in Mexico. Plus in mexico there is so much to do : Mayan ruins, Xel-ha etc.

Thx!!:)

Back