which Tunze powerheads are controlable?

KCombs

They Call me "RifRaf"
Just wanting to catch a 10% off this Laborday....
which Tunze models for certain have variable speed
AND can work with my Apex Lite + VDM

(I assume I need a VDM; does anyone already have this setup?, what else do I need? cables?)

TIA

The current controllables are 6055, 6095, and 6105. There are a couple larger than the 6105 but I believe they did a redesign and changed the model number as well.

You'll need the 2 Channel Apex to Stream Cable for the Tunze pumps.

If you have the Apex Lite (no variable speed dimming ports) or AI Sol lights you'll need the VDM. Otherwise the Apex has 4 ports to control variable speed pumps.

Here's the Apex comparison chart.

I'm shopping for an Apex too. Where did you see a 10% off sale?

Where did you see a 10% off sale?

Marine Depot. They sent me an email with the coupon code offer for 10% off, (excluding EcoTech marine products)
I'm in the market for a 6105 but am a little short on funding, this offer might be enough to get things rolling.

Marine Depot. They sent me an email with the coupon code offer for 10% off, (excluding EcoTech marine products)
I'm in the market for a 6105 but am a little short on funding, this offer might be enough to get things rolling.

A sea K,

Thanks for the the heads up. I sent you a PM on this.

Steve

You'll need the 2 Channel Apex to Stream Cable for the Tunze pumps.

If you have the Apex Lite (no variable speed dimming ports) or AI Sol lights you'll need the VDM. Otherwise the Apex has 4 ports to control variable speed pumps.

Here's the Apex comparison chart.

I'm shopping for an Apex too. Where did you see a 10% off sale?

Premium Aquatics....

not to get into the Tunze vs. Mp40 debate, but I got a 90G...I'm trying to wrap my head around the $900 for 2ea Mp40's vs the $500 to $600 I'd shuck out for 2ea Tunzes....

That said, which size would be good for a 90G? (I am reading the Tunze comparison chart, and thanks for all the links BTW)
(I can use Koralias for supplemental flow, but would rather not)

Last edited:
Gheez-us....

Fl-01_6508_masterstream_result.jpg

looks like something Darth Vader would put in his tank....
"down to 500Gallon" they say..."down to"?

That said, which size would be good for a 90G? (I am reading the Tunze comparison chart, and thanks for all the links BTW)

Yeah, that on in the pic would blast the side wall off your tank :)

On a 90, it would be either the 6055 or 6095, both are the nanostreams so take up little room. I'd lean more towards the 6095 for its higher but much broader flow.

Premium Aquatics....

not to get into the Tunze vs. Mp40 debate, but I got a 90G...I'm trying to wrap my head around the $900 for 2ea Mp40's vs the $500 to $600 I'd shuck out for 2ea Tunzes....

Thanks for the Premium Aquatics info.

As for size, it was suggested by Roger Vitko from Tunze that I go with two 6095's and one 6208 wavebox for my 110 bowfront build. I'm building a mixed reef to included softies at the start and potentially LPS and SPS in the future. Just note that the 6208 wavebox won't be out until September. Here's the thread.

^ appreciate the info fellas...
that 10% off at Premium and Marine Depot has me vasilating...

For 90 gallon go Tunze 6095. 2 of them.. I have 2 of them in my 75 gallon, 36 x 24 x 20. Both on the back wall, and create great flow. Of course I have them turned down cause if they were both up, I would have a sand storm lol

Just FYI, socaltropicalfish.com has 10% year round when you sign up for email alerts.....

Thanks James, thank God Tunze doesn't hold consumers & retailers "hostage" with price fixing like EcoTech (which is one factor I'm actually considering)

For 90 gallon go Tunze 6095. 2 of them.. I have 2 of them in my 75 gallon, 36 x 24 x 20. Both on the back wall, and create great flow
<TABLE style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR title="Post 20628372" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I keep seeing this configuration more and more; I already know about "Ecoback mode" where a MP10 or whatever is used as a 3rd powerhead on the back wall, but I'm not figuring how having 2 main powerheads work on the back wall....
sounds intriguing

I opened a new account two weeks ago and was sent a 5% off coupon (good for several years). I also signed up for email alerts. :sad2:

Ugh. Maybe they reduced it some? Hopefully I can dig up the email I was sent several months ago......

Premium Aquatics....

Hi, for your 90G, go with 2 of the Tunze 6095, I have a 120 with 2 6105's and had to put the wide flow nozzles on as the narrow nozzles when fully turned up made a sand storm. Your costs will drop considerably.

Back