Who is still active here?

CVReefer

I don't use Facebook anymore and it seems that's the only place to connect with local reefers.

Anyone around or is this a ghost town?

Maybe everyone is priced out of the hobby now. I spent $40 to buy a fricken scarlet skunk shrimp a few weeks ago. SMH!

Never used facebook but have spent the last while on R2R (which seems like facebook lite really). I have linked back to info on Reef Central so many times in R2R threads and this place really is the shoulders that every other site is standing on. I think with the software upgrade this place will regain alot of traction but it will take time. There's just too much knowledge here to ignore and I'm truly thankful John didn't let it die to the wayback machine. The future is a bigger ecosystem in coexistance with R2R, facebook, Youtube, etc.

Maybe everyone is priced out of the hobby now. I spent $40 to buy a fricken scarlet skunk shrimp a few weeks ago. SMH!

Some of the prices are shocking after a 2 year break. I know some of it is increased shipping costs but I find it hard to believe that it is responsible for a 100%+ cost increase on some of these products.

Is MARS active? Are there meetings and frag swaps going on?

I avoided the area swaps for a while due to a couple specific people flooding the swap with frags that were probably cut and put straight into the frag cup to take to the swap for all those bonus tickets.

It's a 2 hour drive but my local club died

Back