Wholesale license

Miggs

Hey what's up fellow reefers! Just wanted to ask does anyone know how I can get a wholesale license not looking too buy and resell just want to buy in bulk and stock up my tank with fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been years since I've been in the business but most wholesalers will not open an account with you unless you have a store.

I'd suggest just supporting your local fish stores. I'm sure you can talk them into good deals for big purchases.

You want a wholeSALER license to go stocking up ur tank? Last time I checked, wholesalers are not conventional fish stores.

Many business people would scold you for trying to pull something like that.

But I get it, we all want to cut the middle man. Unless u open a fake business, I dont see u getting one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You want a wholeSALER license to go stocking up ur tank? Last time I checked, wholesalers are not conventional fish stores.

Many business people would scold you for trying to pull something like that.

But I get it, we all want to cut the middle man. Unless u open a fake business, I dont see u getting one.

Yea I get you man just wanted to see if it was possible without having a business but thanks for the info.

Yea I get you man just wanted to see if it was possible without having a business but thanks for the info.

Wholesalers will most likely ask for a business license without even asking for further proof.

If you can file for a business license and get it approved, you're home free. What the business license requirements are? Research it and find out.

I think you need a commercial address to tie it to and a business account (bank) as proof. I dont know.

Good luck.

Support you local fish store. They need it. Also all wholesaler are no longer doing walkin’s do to COVID. also were do you work? I would like to bypass your business and go straight to save money as well.

Support you local fish store. They need it. Also all wholesaler are no longer doing walkin's do to COVID. also were do you work? I would like to bypass your business and go straight to save money as well.

You're right man! Not trying to offend anyone here. But definitely will support my local fish store [emoji106] thanks for the input

Check out Ellis Aquatics, I'm sure you could get a large bulk order and get some killer pieces/fish.

I'm just getting back in too after 4 years. Every trippled in price. It's hard to load up the tank at lfs price. I went today and everything was outrageously priced. Not saying not to support your lfs. But for what you're probably aiming to do it doesn't make sense. I heard from someone else there's a wholesaler that is open to the public. Never got the name . But all the wholesalers are in la amd Gardena. Most would let you buy but it's not straight wholesale price.

When picking up fish at Wholesale you can save money with access, but you are playing Russian Roulette with parasites and disease and you need to be set up to not only quarantine the fish, but treat them depending on what type of fish. I never drop new fish in my display since I dropped one in and killed the entire collection with Velvet. I would much rather buy fish at a store after they have been around for a week and eating. I had Dan at Age of Aquarium get me many fish strait from wholesaler, at a discount, no guarantee. I am setup to treat and quarantine however and have a pretty good protocol.

Best place to buy fish and I am always willing to pay a premium and that is from reefers on the boards selling fish they have had over 6 months, a year is even better. I picked up all my Angels from reefers and am very happy with them! I now have Emperor, Bandit, Joculator, and Yellow Belly Regal. All healthy and doing great in my reef.

Also experience says be careful with what you pick or expect to get along and if you end up with aggression disease can take hold when your tank is stressed. I would recommend against Anacanthus Tangs unless your first fish in tank and they can get stressed with any other Tangs. I have heard a few rare cases, but they rarely do well with two in same tank. This means Expert Only Powder Blue or Brown, or Achilles! Take my advice, Phil just killed 90% of his tank with a Powder Blue another Reefer had for a year do to stress, Velvet took over.

This hobby is not about saving money and the smart know better than to take chances! Good Luck!

When picking up fish at Wholesale you can save money with access, but you are playing Russian Roulette with parasites and disease and you need to be set up to not only quarantine the fish, but treat them depending on what type of fish. I never drop new fish in my display since I dropped one in and killed the entire collection with Velvet. I would much rather buy fish at a store after they have been around for a week and eating. I had Dan at Age of Aquarium get me many fish strait from wholesaler, at a discount, no guarantee. I am setup to treat and quarantine however and have a pretty good protocol.

Best place to buy fish and I am always willing to pay a premium and that is from reefers on the boards selling fish they have had over 6 months, a year is even better. I picked up all my Angels from reefers and am very happy with them! I now have Emperor, Bandit, Joculator, and Yellow Belly Regal. All healthy and doing great in my reef.

Also experience says be careful with what you pick or expect to get along and if you end up with aggression disease can take hold when your tank is stressed. I would recommend against Anacanthus Tangs unless your first fish in tank and they can get stressed with any other Tangs. I have heard a few rare cases, but they rarely do well with two in same tank. This means Expert Only Powder Blue or Brown, or Achilles! Take my advice, Phil just killed 90% of his tank with a Powder Blue another Reefer had for a year do to stress, Velvet took over.

This hobby is not about saving money and the smart know better than to take chances! Good Luck!

You are very right my friend I've had my trail and errors with fish and it sucks. Since then I've always qt my fish and have just about all the meds and equipment to treat them. I also agree with buying fish from other reefers it's the best way to go but sometimes it's hard to find the fish you want you kinda have to get lucky haha. But 100% agree with what you said thanks so much for your input.

100% agree to support LFS. However, some prices are just stupid, and if you're going to need quantity, and can ensure quality (proper QT), then save some money. You can always use that saved money @ LFS for other items/coral.

Personally, I use LFS for fish, community for coral, and LFS/online for goods.

I know people need to make money for their business but I know people that have a license to buy in wholesale and man LFS do take advantage of the people I've seen the prices of the wholesale and the LFS literally wins more than 150% per pice and that's insane!!! Example price of a blue tang in wholesale 10-15$ price in LFS "œ60-70$" for the smallest 1"-2" size

I know people need to make money for their business but I know people that have a license to buy in wholesale and man LFS do take advantage of the people I've seen the prices of the wholesale and the LFS literally wins more than 150% per pice and that's insane!!! Example price of a blue tang in wholesale 10-15$ price in LFS "œ60-70$" for the smallest 1"-2" size

It's not that easy. You have to factor in losses as well. It's a dirty business that lots of us don't like to look at. It's why I don't get my fish from places like Tongs or huge stores like that.

Yeah lfs have overhead and have to account for losses. But half the time you get your fish it's straight from the wholesaler and have only been in their tanks for a few days. They just all look healthy because they scoop out the dead ones. I visited a store for the first time returning to the hobby 2 days ago. They had a bi color frogspawn. I'd say guess how much but no one would ever guess it right. They wanted 600$. I've seen that **** for 60$. But I've also been out for 4 years. Stores do what they want. This is a hobby for people with money. But I don't blame people for looking for a discount. I prefer buying fish that are established but they rarely pop up. When they do they're gone in a flash. So if I'm going to roll my dices on new fish from the sea. I'm going to want to pay less. This time around I'm probably paying a premium on live aquaria. If we all wanted to support local fish stores we wouldn't be on forums buying and selling.

Yeah lfs have overhead and have to account for losses. But half the time you get your fish it's straight from the wholesaler and have only been in their tanks for a few days. They just all look healthy because they scoop out the dead ones. I visited a store for the first time returning to the hobby 2 days ago. They had a bi color frogspawn. I'd say guess how much but no one would ever guess it right. They wanted 600$. I've seen that **** for 60$. But I've also been out for 4 years. Stores do what they want. This is a hobby for people with money. But I don't blame people for looking for a discount. I prefer buying fish that are established but they rarely pop up. When they do they're gone in a flash. So if I'm going to roll my dices on new fish from the sea. I'm going to want to pay less. This time around I'm probably paying a premium on live aquaria. If we all wanted to support local fish stores we wouldn't be on forums buying and selling.

You do know wholesalers drop ship for live aquaria on a lot of fish. You are getting the 14 day guarantee as long as it's not an "expert fish" like an achillies.

And if you go to a reputable fish store like Age of Aquariums, Dan has a good eye for picking out healthy fish at the wholesaler. So you're off to a good start, not out of the woods but one step ahead.

Hey what's up fellow reefers! Just wanted to ask does anyone know how I can get a wholesale license not looking too buy and resell just want to buy in bulk and stock up my tank with fish.

Wait for someone breaking down their tank and selling off all their fish. You'll get a good price, maybe even better than the wholesalers. Most likely even negotiate with the person breaking down. Plus fish are probably healthy and eating. I see it quite frequently.

Wait for someone breaking down their tank and selling off all their fish. You'll get a good price, maybe even better than the wholesalers. Most likely even negotiate with the person breaking down. Plus fish are probably healthy and eating. I see it quite frequently.

LOL look right here from yesterday. 99% change no one will take it all. So tell the seller, if he has someone to take all the coral you'll take all the fish. Or post it in the thread and someone interested in the coral will team up with you. Maybe a bit complicated trying to figure out what the fish and coral are worth divided. But you get the idea.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2708083

Back