Why?????

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14787550#post14787550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by THE ROOK
Why don't you post an actual reef question. I just wasted 15 seconds reading this lame post.

And yet you decided to waste more of your time by posting. Your post isn't helpful at all, and wasn't called for.

What help are we supposed to provide for this thread?

OK try this:

Advice to OP: Spend more time researching & less whining.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14787550#post14787550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by THE ROOK
Why don't you post an actual reef question. I just wasted 15 seconds reading this lame post.
19.gif

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14787876#post14787876 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by THE ROOK

OK try this:

Yeah, neat.
You might want to do the same.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14787876#post14787876 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by THE ROOK

OK try this:

How about you spend less time posting in this thread.

I pmd a mod to answer this guys question.
Because he posted it in three (appropriate) places.
And he has a tang that is beautiful and very sick it seems.
We found an expert to help him.
But he's gone now.
So Yes, thank YOU so much for wasting EVERYONE's time ROOK.

Oh well, enough of me being cranky, I'm outtie.....

wasting time

wasting time

first i would like to thank everyone who tried to help but the fish died about an hour ago. I wasnt wasting anyones time i was getting off work and trying to get a dieing fish out of my rock work. To all the people that have nothing better to do than run there mouths there are other post you dont HAVE to read this one. To those who offered help and sent me the pm's thank you

jason

quote:Originally posted by THE ROOK
Why don't you post an actual reef question. I just wasted 15 seconds reading this lame post. Sorry for your loss JBRYANT,some people are just miserable people,it reflects in their post,and Im sure in their personal life.Dont let one rude statement deter you from this website,there are alot of helpful and very experienced reefers here who are more than willing to help.And I utilize this site daily to gain more reefing knowledge.

Ah that totally sucks man, sohal tangs are beautiful fish. Hopefully you did find a reason for it so future reefers can prevent it (if possible).

As stated above, don't let some rude comments keep you from posting. I guarantee you whenever someone CAN help you, they will.

Good luck with future fish man.

Jason,

Sorry to hear about your tang. Unfortunately this is a fact of reefing-life that we have to deal with everyday.

I've been busy lately, but had I seen your original post, I would not hesitate to help. Especially since I know Surgeonfishes very well.

On the other hand, it's also a matter of luck-- the RIGHT people reading the RIGHT thread at the RIGHT time. I know a lot about Tangs, but if someone has a dying Mangrove and desperately needs help, I honestly can NOT help since I don't know anything about mangroves. Sometimes, not saying anything at all is better than giving a wrong advice for the sake of giving an advice, albeit a wrong advice.

Again, sorry about your loss. I would try again.

Couple of things that might be helpful in the future.

I don't believe that the disease section gets a whole lot of traffic. And I see that you posted again in the "reef discussion" section, which was a good idea. However (( and this is only meant to help in the future )), the title "Please help" doesn't tell what the thread is going to be about, and some people will skip over it.

the other problem is that a lot of guys on here dont actually know the fish health forum exists, and it doesnt get much traffic, most of us click the forum link and the fish health is on the community link, ive mentioned this before, i think it should be a main forum on the forum link so everyone knows about it, sorry to hear about the fish buddy, i did send you a pm about it, but as predicted it died unfortunately, best to start agin, it wasnt your fault, imo it was a tumour, not much you could have done about it

It occurs to me, after taking 15 seconds reading the OP, that there is another thread somewheres in which he asked about a bump on his Sohal tang. But maybe you were speed reading and missed that part.

OP: Don't get too frustrated by jerks. As mentioned above, a lot of times you'll have to bump it once or twice to get the different crowds rolling through. I know a lot of people will help you when they can, but sometimes no one has a good answer.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14787257#post14787257 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CorkPullerPHL
I have found that if you troll around a bit and find other reefer's with a set up similar to yours, or the same livestock, its a good idea to send them a pm. I have been really impressed with how helpful people are when you seek them out directly.
+1

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14786547#post14786547 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snorvich
I try and answer questions that I have experience with. But some questions are simply not within the experience of a lot of people. Providing a picture often will help someone who wants to help. Sometimes I get tired of answering the same question but usually I answer anyways. But if I don't know, I simply cannot help.

First off sorry for your troubles. My reasons for not posting answers to some folks questions has a lot to do with the above quotes.

Back