Wife Wanted Her Own System--> Happy Wife, Happy Life

o2manyfish

o2manyfish
I have posted before about how supportive my wife is with 'our' hobby. For the 1500g reef system she enjoys watching the fish. With the new tank I let her loose at the last frag swap and told her to buy whatever stony corals she liked - So she had 'her' corals in the 750g.

For the past 11 years we have been together our 'deal' has been whenever she goes to a frag swap, convention, trade show, club meeting, etc --- She can pick out any cool looking clown fish she likes. She has them bag the fish and I pay the vendor.

About 8 months ago she got to meet a local clown breeder. And she thought that the baby fish were super neat, and that this could be a partial retirement gig for her (I won't be holding my breath - LOL).

So I came across a nice rack setup, did some slight modifications and yesterday got the Clown Breeding rack moved into her office.

8 Cubes for paired adults, 2 tanks for grow out. UV, Great White Skimmer and water and bio media from our existing reef system and she is up and running...

2023-05-09 19.02.53.jpg
View attachment 3144197

Now we have to start collecting her some cool broodstock ---- Trade Shows for me - Stocking trips for her.

If you are local and have mature designer percs - you know where they came from - and you'd like them to become a part of sustainable reefing, please feel to reach out to me.

Dave B

I love this. I've always wanted to breed clownfishes and have had some really unique specimens in the past (Omans, Thiellei, Caps, etc) albeit they are wild. I currently have 4 clownfishes in my tank with two of them not paired up. If your wife is interested I have a red sea bicinctus clownfish and a no bar clarkii I can try to catch. I'm trying to get my pair of A. Mille's to settle down so the other two is not helping. Good luck and would love to see more pics!

I love this. I've always wanted to breed clownfishes and have had some really unique specimens in the past (Omans, Thiellei, Caps, etc) albeit they are wild. I currently have 4 clownfishes in my tank with two of them not paired up. If your wife is interested I have a red sea bicinctus clownfish and a no bar clarkii I can try to catch. I'm trying to get my pair of A. Mille's to settle down so the other two is not helping. Good luck and would love to see more pics!
Right now she wants to do 'cute' perculas. She doesn't understand the uniqueness, or see the beauty in the other clowns, yet. I want to get her settled and successful with something that fully has her interest before convincing her there are other types of clowns she should consider. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the offer!

Dave B

Back