will my cleaner shrimp survive?

karlyhui

I just brought one to put in my fish only live rock tank. The minute the cleaner enter the tank the niger went right at the cleaner and kind of nipping at it. I quickly took a net and seperate them. Now the shrimp is heads down behind some rock.

I put some rock to cover the cleaner shrimp up, hopefully the niger can't enter.

Is the cleaner doom?

Are there any exceptions? The reason is because this Niger is reef safe.

I have a another tank with a clown trigger I know he will definely get eaten alive.

Mine lasted a little over 6 months with my Picasso trigger. Then one day his legs were scattered about. It may last for a while, but will eventually become food.

This is very sad...my Niger is ripping it apart now..

Watching this is painful..18 dollars gone in 1 hour.

Reefergeorge, the reason why i brought it because it was in the tank with a Picasso baby trigger and it was cleaning it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12886297#post12886297 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by karlyhui
This is very sad...my Niger is ripping it apart now..

Watching this is painful..18 dollars gone in 1 hour.

Reefergeorge, the reason why i brought it because it was in the tank with a Picasso baby trigger and it was cleaning it.

Just remember it is very natural. The only thing that bothered me was thinking I could have went out for all you can eat shrimp for the same price. They are $21 around here.

Back