|Side
|
|
|
|
|silcone
--------------------------Bottom
Is this ok?

I think you can do that only with acrylic. Glass would break if you have imperfections on the surface of your stand.

Cheers

i will raise it slightly with some cork. Will this still work? I don't want to take the whole tank apart and start over...

the 4 sides NEED to rest on the surface where the tank will seat on and the bottom of the tank sandwiched in the middle and yes RAISED a tad.

You DO NOT need to tank apart, the way you have it illustrated in your first post is the way alot of tanks are put together. You will have to be careful with the bottom but you would need to do that in any case. Good luck.

that is what i though but then 4 people on various websites said i had it wrong. THANKS! Anyone else have a comment?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11615785#post11615785 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by paulyl61
You DO NOT need to tank apart, the way you have it illustrated in your first post is the way alot of tanks are put together. You will have to be careful with the bottom but you would need to do that in any case. Good luck.

What he said^^^^

Make sure your stand is PERFECT and lay down a foam board.

Back