WOW A Blue Squamosa!

waterfaller1

Sea In The City just got in a blue squamosa! It is the most amazing clam I have ever seen! Anyone have $500. laying around they could spare?:p

Alot of money for a clam. I've seen them go for that price but just way too much for me. Does the wholesale really cost that much on these?

I still think a Maxima/Deresa hybrid is more impressive. This could be a Maxima or Crocea hybrid to create a blue Squamosa. How much it costs wholesale isn't the issue, it's how rare it is and it's only natural to ask for more on something that's high demand.

Picture%20434.jpg

Ok crybaby Scotty..:D

Last edited:
Well, it came in labeled as a Blue Squamosa and it certainly compares to the regular one in all aspects of the shell and patterning, but whatever caused it, the clam is really gorgeous. I haven't decided on a price yet...Carole's reference was just playing on the fact that the only similiar clams we could reference sold for $499, $499 and $800. I think I'll just drool over it a couple days before I decide:) Sure wish it were going home to my tank though...!
XeniaMania, is that Blue Xenia in your pic or just lots of blue lighting? Looks great. Marcye

It's a Blue Cespitularia..:) I have a updated picture but having problems finding where I can upload more gallery pix..lol

:) I thought so, I have one as well...they look even more amazing under actinics. I'd love to see that pic. Marcye

Looks like most squamosa's I have seen. Similiar structure also. Beautiful clam just too much for me.

The "Blue Squamosa" definitly looked like a squamosa to me when I was at SITC today. Especially easy to compare since a classic squamosa was sitting right next to it. Has nearly identical patterns but just blue not gold. Identical scoop shaped fins on the shell too. In any case, pretty amazing. SITC has a lot of great stuff! I did my best to take some of it home with me... Even got some freebies :D :thumbsup:

Back