WTB-Conical Shaped Pukani

Hey All-Tried this once before without any success. I'm looking for a special shape of Pukani rock. That is one that is conical shaped. Kind of like a bouquet of flowers turned one way and like a pyramid when turned the other way. The photo will best explain. I'm not on here much. Best to text or call. (760) 409-5299 Thanks

Attachments

• Pukani-Teardrop Style.jpg
    Pukani-Teardrop Style.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 4
Hey All-Tried this once before without any success. I'm looking for a special shape of Pukani rock. That is one that is conical shaped. Kind of like a bouquet of flowers turned one way and like a pyramid when turned the other way. The photo will best explain. I'm not on here much. Best to text or call. (760) 409-5299 Thanks
I saw some pakani with a similar shape at Pasadena Tropical Fish. It's located in the lower tray beneath the fresh water fish aisle. Show that photo to the owner and he should be able to point it out to you. This was 2-3 weeks ago, so you're going to have to poke around down there.

Hey! Thanks for thinking of me pga. (y) When I saw your message I called the store to see if I could send them a text or email of what I'm looking for. The person I spoke with was relatively short.....No texting, no email. I apologized and told him that you suggested his shop. I have absolutely no issue driving from Palm Springs to Pasadena, but was hoping to get a photo or two first. I might need to get to the coast in the next couple of weeks and perhaps I'll be able to drop by the store then. Thanks very much again for your suggestion.

Hey! Thanks for thinking of me pga. (y) When I saw your message I called the store to see if I could send them a text or email of what I'm looking for. The person I spoke with was relatively short.....No texting, no email. I apologized and told him that you suggested his shop. I have absolutely no issue driving from Palm Springs to Pasadena, but was hoping to get a photo or two first. I might need to get to the coast in the next couple of weeks and perhaps I'll be able to drop by the store then. Thanks very much again for your suggestion.
It's a small mom and pop and pop is not too good at texting.. cell.. it's more of a walking and they provide the good service in person. Kinda nice to have a break from technology these days, but I get it since you are driving from Palm springs. If you want to make the trip worth it, try to plan to get out there on Sunday's at 11am .. they have a weekly bag sale going on that day and you can see all the new corals and fish shipments and get a 20% discount off the total. It's a local secret spot :D

Not that I'm typing this out.. I did remember pop saying.. he doesn't even own a cell phone lol

Went to Pasadena Tropical Fish. While they didn't have the Pukani I was looking for it was really worth the trip. If you're looking for unusual stuff, you want to stop by here. Venustus Angel, Hawaiian Dragon Eel just to name a couple. Very extensive and the shop owner is really nice too. Ended up going home with a bunch of pond plants and some food. As I mentioned, they didn't have the Conical/Pyramid/Weeping Willow/Teardrop style Pukani rock I'm looking for, so the hunt continues. Please text or call (760) 409-5299 if you have. Thanks

Not sure if you already tried this guy. Shipping might be expensive but he might have what you're looking for.

Sorry I didn't thank you sooner. There's a guy about 4 hours away from me who seems to have what I'm looking for. Just trying to decide if I want to spend 8 hours worth of driving. The guy you mentioned appears to have sold everything, but I really appreciate your pointing it out to me. For now I'm still on the lookout.

Not sure if you tried TampaBaySaltwater yet…I believe a few years ago Richard would sell some of the dry stuff he was putting in the ocean. It wasn’t in his website but I believe he posted here about it. I’m not sure if the new owners are doing that or not

Edit: Here’s the thread. Not sure what they do or don’t have as it started in 2009 and last post I think is 2016

@liverock

Not sure if you tried TampaBaySaltwater yet…I believe a few years ago Richard would sell some of the dry stuff he was putting in the ocean. It wasn’t in his website but I believe he posted here about it. I’m not sure if the new owners are doing that or not

Edit: Here’s the thread. Not sure what they do or don’t have as it started in 2009 and last post I think is 2016

@liverock
Been awhile since I was last online. Will definitely give them a try. Thank you for the tip! :)

Back