WWC Assorted Female Wrasses Great Price

BobbyV

Established since 2008
So I won a $15.50 frag on WWC eBay auctions.

As I walked into the store to pick up my frag, I noticed a bunch of red female fairy wrasses.

I have owned both male and female Hawaiian Flame wrasses, so I have an idea of the markings especially when they get excited.

I asked if they were in fact female Hawaiian Flame wrasses and they unfortunately could not confirm since the shipment came in as "œassorted wrasses".

The price on these females were only $35 a piece.

As you may heard, catching ornamental Hawaiian fish is now illegal so the prices will start climbing and whatever is in stock now can only be sold.

With all this in mind, I ended up going a little crazy and buying 5 of the females. So I spent a total of $175 plus tax.

I have a 300DD so I am not worried about fighting if they grow up together.

I know for sure at least two of the females were Hawaiian Flames the others ehhh not too sure.

Since the going rate for a retail male Hawaiian wrasses is $250 before this new law, I can only imagine what they will be a year from now.

I figure I may have gotten a bargain if any of them survive to maturity and morph.

They have 5 or so more just FYI if anyone wants to gamble for fun like I am.

Pretty soon these fish will be out of stock and impossible to buy retail.

So worth it to me 6 months to a year from now.

I also spent another $140 in coral which I hate myself for. It is almost impossible not to buy something in there.

Funny how we splurge on this hobby but other things that are a higher necessity in life, we go cheap on.

Some days I wish I never bought that 29 Bio Cube back in 2008 that started it all.

I think the law stops them from using mesh nets and they have to find a different way to catch the fish?

So I won a $15.50 frag on WWC eBay auctions.

As I walked into the store to pick up my frag, I noticed a bunch of red female fairy wrasses.

I have owned both male and female Hawaiian Flame wrasses, so I have an idea of the markings especially when they get excited.

I asked if they were in fact female Hawaiian Flame wrasses and they unfortunately could not confirm since the shipment came in as "œassorted wrasses".

The price on these females were only $35 a piece.

As you may heard, catching ornamental Hawaiian fish is now illegal so the prices will start climbing and whatever is in stock now can only be sold.

With all this in mind, I ended up going a little crazy and buying 5 of the females. So I spent a total of $175 plus tax.

I have a 300DD so I am not worried about fighting if they grow up together.

I know for sure at least two of the females were Hawaiian Flames the others ehhh not too sure.

Since the going rate for a retail male Hawaiian wrasses is $250 before this new law, I can only imagine what they will be a year from now.

I figure I may have gotten a bargain if any of them survive to maturity and morph.

They have 5 or so more just FYI if anyone wants to gamble for fun like I am.

Pretty soon these fish will be out of stock and impossible to buy retail.

So worth it to me 6 months to a year from now.

I also spent another $140 in coral which I hate myself for. It is almost impossible not to buy something in there.

Funny how we splurge on this hobby but other things that are a higher necessity in life, we go cheap on.

Some days I wish I never bought that 29 Bio Cube back in 2008 that started it all.

That's pretty cool about the wrasses. I was just searching the web before I read your post about different wrasses that I may consider. I'm pretty set on getting a leopard though.

$140 at wwc, what did the you get, some gsp? Just messing around:debi:...
I thought you were shutting down?

That’s pretty cool about the wrasses. I was just searching the web before I read your post about different wrasses that I may consider. I’m pretty set on getting a leopard though.

$140 at wwc, what did the you get, some gsp? Just messing around:debi:...
I thought you were shutting down?

Absolutely - only but the nicest WWC GSP around.

Hat off to WWC, their developed brand equity from a marketing standpoint is nothing short of remarkable and should be 400 level college case study eligible.

Wife loves the tank too much so I will keep it around until the fish pass since they are now family pets. But now that I have a few Hawaiian species including the Achilles & Yellow Tang. Also honorable mention Sohal and Purple. No telling how long until they kick the bucket.

Can’t buy a new 300DD anymore so might as well enjoy it for what it is.

Coral is nothing major just a little color.

I also enjoy posting a new thread now and again if it is helpful or sparks ideas for others.

However I think my visits to frag swaps and expos are probably over. It will just encourage me to spend more money.

Thanks for correcting me, catching with nets is illegal.

But not using a net, good luck. Might as well use magic to catch fish.

Last edited:
Awesome find, they are beautiful fish & very pricey normally. Be cool if one got to super male status.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Awesome find, they are beautiful fish & very pricey normally. Be cool if one got to super male status.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Even if non of them morph to something rare. It is at least fun to see what they do turn into.

Two have line marketing on their mouth like a Lineatus Fairy Wrasse but they are not blue and gold but red and yellow.

So I guess we will wait and see what or where in the world I bought. (You see what I did there?) :clown:

Now that I finally have all my fish trained on pellets on the auto feeder I now have to run out and get some more mysis. Just after I threw all of it away when I sold my freezer a few weeks ago.

:facepalm:

Funny story. I was there last week on vacation. Just purchased coral from them on eBay the day before. Anyway, I just went to look at the place. Spent 330 on corals and shipped them home. Lol. Your right. Can’t go in there and not spend. Kid in a candy store.

They have to be doing something to us psychologically with those tanks up front that we all fall into a trance and buy more stuff at crazy prices.
I am here to just look around and end up walking out with $200-$500 worth of fish as coral. Mesmerizing

Back