Xenon's 45G SPS Build Thread *Pics*

Congrats on a nice setup! Looking forward to see what sps you will fill this up with:bounce1:

I have that aluminum for my light stand. How has it done supporting the DT?

It's a wonderful material to work with. This profile is 1-3/4 x 1-3/4 but I use 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" profile on our 16ft coral beds.

Example:
coralbeds2.jpg

coralbeds3.jpg

Wow awesome. Yeah the stuff is great. It was super easy to put a light stand together and it looks really modern and industrial too. I didn't think it would hold a tank. Good to know!

Do you have any concerns with with the electrical items with moisture build up in your sump area?

Love the clean look. Too bad about the sump leaking and spilling on your floor :(.

Do you have any concerns with with the electrical items with moisture build up in your sump area?

Love the clean look. Too bad about the sump leaking and spilling on your floor :(.
Good question. I used to have all electrical in the stand but have since moved it outside. All that salt creep makes me nervous

No concerns at all. The back of the stand is open and its not tight up against the wall either. Plenty of room to breathe.

The sump is 16" tall and the water level is at 8" so salt creep wont be an issue either.

Hey to confirm you are using the bosch 90x90?View attachment 311413

I used 45x45 on this cube stand but I did use 90x90H on the coral beds in my shop.

Example of the 90x90H:
stand1.jpg

No concerns at all. The back of the stand is open and its not tight up against the wall either. Plenty of room to breathe.

The sump is 16" tall and the water level is at 8" so salt creep wont be an issue either.

I used 45x45 on this cube stand but I did use 90x90H on the coral beds in my shop.

Example of the 90x90H:
stand1.jpg

Obviously you have thought about this before and that seems like a great solution to the humidity.

Once again, great build and I will follow your progress. Good luck.

Love this... I'm a super anal person and this pleases that side of me lol

What I'd love to know is where you bought that power bar and switch combo... I love it

I just placed the order yesterday for all the aluminum channel to make my new dual tank stand/cabinet thing. I will be blatantly stealing a few items from this project:p A couple of quick questions:
1. Did you attach the HDPE panel that the tank sits on to the stand and if so, how?
2. How did you attach your side panels? Is it a special hardware part for the Aluminum channel? I don't see any screw holes on the outside.

Thanks in advance!

Back