Yellow Fiji Leather

afelder

I have a yellow fiji leather and I am wondering what a normal growth rate is? I have gotten in less than three weeks a 1/4" growth around the entire edge.

i dont no what is normal . but i would say that youres seems to be doing pretty good! iv had mine for almost a year now and i cant tell the difference from when i bought it.it just looks the same

that sounds like its about right to me. Thats what mine has grown in similar time periods anyways. I've had it about a month and a half and its grown about a half inch to 3/4 inch. They're actually sposed to be one of the slower growing leathers, and i can tell you that it is definately true. I've got 5 or 6 leathers (cant think offhand of all of them lol) and the fastest growers are the toadstools by far. I've got a regular one, a green one, and last week i got a gold one with super long polyp extension. Looks like a pincushion lol. I've also got a devils hand which is actually a bit slower growing than my fiji.

rkizer...if you've had yours almost a year and you still cant tell a difference from when you bought it, i'd say that something is probably not right. Not enough to kill it, but not enough to make it grow...you know what i mean?

I've heard that leathers really like mag. Or is it alk? :lol: i cant remember i get the 2 mixed up. But its one of those that they like to be a bit higher, so maybe check into that and check all your other levels.

They can grow very fast under the correct conditions.....High high flow, and light.....I know it says they don't need supplemental feeding, but I think mine benifit from some smaller plankton food.....Then again, they all very...

I have 2X55 pcs but I certainly have plenty of flow my return blows right over it. And I dose phyto twice a week or so. It has also expanded in width. It has grown almost 1-2 inches altogether.

hm, i'll have to try getting more flow at it. I have good overall flow (around 27 times turnover) but not direct flow on it. I'll see what that does for it ;)

Back