Zeovit

deehz

I have doing quite a bit of research on this system and was wondering if any of you knew some info on it--STARS or RC. All indications point that it is the "real deal" and have seen some gorgeous photos of people tanks that are using this system.

Is it "snake" oil? Marketers and such will tell you, just like in any product, that it is the next revolution in reef aquariums just to get you to buy it. There is even a forum dedicated to this system. Everyone there swears by it. Although, it is not cheap at all. Well this hobby in general burns a hole through your wallet on one day faster than a weekend in Disneyland.

I have read some of the threads and there is a ton of confusing advice with the what to do and what nots. :hmm3: Although, I do have to say for the few threads that I read, there were a great majority of those who tried this system whom attained success--coral growth, coloration, zero readings PO4 and NO3 done naturally through a media that contains beneficial bacteria that "consumes" the PO4/NO3 thus the byproduct is food for corals.

Thanks!!

I have never used the reactors but have seen pics of full blown Zeovit tanks that look the amazing. I still dose zeovit. I does amino acids and the sponge power. Love both of them and dose about 3-4 days a week and the bottles have lasted me about 8 months now. So i am going to stick with that. I also have amazing PE!!! :)

Steffen Sparks
Photo0003.jpg

Photo0004.jpg

No wonder you had awesome coloration on the coral when we saw your tanks!! I have seen pics of tanks that are on this system and all I can say is wow! I am glad to here you are using it and the bottles last you a long time Steffen. Its not an inexpensive system by any means.

Now do you think I could get away with using their media on my reactor? Its the same concept as their reactors that they sell. However, my reactor does not come with "the stirrer" that their "preferred" reactor comes with. All I would have to do is remove the sponges in the reactor. Then shake the sh!t out of it to loosen up the media and release the "food". Could I get away with this?

Thanks!!

Here are some pics of tanks that are on the Zeo system. One thing I noticed is that the colors just pop on the corals and fish. This is what got me to research this system. If interested, the website is: Zeovit.com

zeovit3.jpg

zeovit4.jpg
zeovit7.jpg

zeovit2.jpg

zeovit1.jpg
zeovit5.jpg

I have never used the reactors but have seen pics of full blown Zeovit tanks that look the amazing. I still dose zeovit. I does amino acids and the sponge power. Love both of them and dose about 3-4 days a week and the bottles have lasted me about 8 months now. So i am going to stick with that. I also have amazing PE!!! :)
Steffen - The corals look amazing!!

I like the idea of the reactor! Need to look into this!!

Jay

Steffen - The corals look amazing!!

I like the idea of the reactor! Need to look into this!!

Jay

Steffen--yeah your corals looked amazing! Its the first thing that caught my was the coloration when I saw them in person. They were beautiful!!

Jay--I looked at Aqua Cave and did not see the reactor or media. In Marine Depot, they have the whole starter kit--, bacteria, food, media, and reactor. My understanding is that once you start this, there is no turning back. I least that is what I have read. Maybe you will find something different then what I found. If you do, let me know.

But I am convinced, I am going this route and try it w/my reactor. Just have to shake the sh!t out of it a couple times a day to release the food.

This is another thing that is intriguing, most people swear that they feed this exclusively to there tank. That's it, nothing else. It not only feeds the corals but also the planktonic life in the tank--phyto, rotifers, pods, etc. So its almost as if your feeding your system live food.

Again this is what I have read and interpreted. If you or anyone else find something different, let me know. I don't want to mislead anyone. That is why I started this thread, its more for knowledge and learning this system. If anyone else that is using this system, pro's/con's, let us know.

Thanks!!!

I switched over 18 months ago. Folks on Zeovit.com (Aged Salt and Alexander) are awesome support. I love it so far. Seems expensive, but the stuff goes along way. Once you get your system running, you can really get the colors to pop based on the dosing and your system.

I looked into this as well, to do the entire system you pretty much need to switch out your entire filtration system. They say to run this system the right way that you need to eliminate your refugium altogether something about the algae absorbing all the zeo nutrients or something. I also did what Steffen is doing and tried dosing a couple of the chemicals and had great results, however the stuff is so potent that I only used half doses.

Not sure that is any help but it was my experience

I switched over 18 months ago. Folks on Zeovit.com (Aged Salt and Alexander) are awesome support. I love it so far. Seems expensive, but the stuff goes along way. Once you get your system running, you can really get the colors to pop based on the dosing and your system.
Janes-mw--That is the thread that I read, was "Aged Salt"s. It was quite interesting and informative. It's one of those products that gets great results seemingly a great percentage of times. A happy coral is a coral that is well fed. Thus they show their colors better.

There are "confussing" aspects that I have read are you cannot run a DSB on this system? Is this correct? I have read as well that you can run a fuge/sump with this system? While, some people say that you can't run a sump/fuge? What are you running as far as filtration in your system? This piggy backs to what Jay508 stated about the type of filtration systems that can be run. Of course, everyone's system is run different from one person to the next. Thanks!!

The more I read the more I get confused, some people try it with success and some just fail with it.

I know Steffen Sparks is running it successfuly so when I get around to going to his house I will ask him all about it. Depending on what I see and what info I get from him I will either try to go with the Zeovit system. If it dont work out for me then I will go the GFO route. Ive been wanting to try GFO for a while but every time I have the money for the reactor and media I run to the LFS and something that catches my eye.

I have been reading into the Zeovit system and It does seem pricy. When I finish school I will have a new home built and will be incorporating a big tank into the design. I will be trying zeovit with that tank.

The more I read the more I get confused, some people try it with success and some just fail with it.

I know Steffen Sparks is running it successfuly so when I get around to going to his house I will ask him all about it. Depending on what I see and what info I get from him I will either try to go with the Zeovit system. If it dont work out for me then I will go the GFO route. Ive been wanting to try GFO for a while but every time I have the money for the reactor and media I run to the LFS and something that catches my eye.

I have been reading into the Zeovit system and It does seem pricy. When I finish school I will have a new home built and will be incorporating a big tank into the design. I will be trying zeovit with that tank.

Well you better catch him!!! Rummer is he is leaving to LA this Sunday for some cherry picking!!! :)

hey Steffen What goodies are you bringing back from LA? Are you just picking up coral?

Well Ive been reading up on zeovit and watching some videos on youtube, and to my understanding, (correct me if I'm wrong) the zeovit reactor is not run on a constant basis. From what I have seen and read the reactor is only on for a short period of time so the media moves and releases the micro organizims then it is turned off. Is that correct?

Back