ZeroEDGE sump

I bought this sump used years ago never used it but going to now. Are the 2 sides for filter socks? Why are the baffles different on both sides. Any help will be appreciated
1000002882.jpg
1000002883.jpg
1000002884.jpg

My thought - filter sock goes on the right in the box. Water flows left. Then looks like the baffle design is to slow the water drop into the middle fuge area (given the even baffle height and to prevent constant sand stirring) and then a skimmer area on the left with an external return pump hole.

My thought - filter sock goes on the right in the box. Water flows left. Then looks like the baffle design is to slow the water drop into the middle fuge area (given the even baffle height and to prevent constant sand stirring) and then a skimmer area on the left with an external return pump hole.
What would you think the spot is in the return area that looks like a sock holder then?

I’d honestly need a better pic (like a top down) but perhaps either a second sock for a second drain or perhaps a reactor holder (for carbon, GFO, etc) just thoughts. I can’t be certain for 100%

It looks like a dual overflow design from what I can tell where only some of the water is designed to flow over the fuge. It’s definitely a unique design, and can’t really explain why it’d be like that but yea

It looks like a dual overflow design from what I can tell where only some of the water is designed to flow over the fuge. It’s definitely a unique design, and can’t really explain why it’d be like that but yea
Agreed.

That isn't the fuge section though it's the exit pump section

Right. So if you have a dual overflow, one would flow down the right side and the water would push left over the fuge section and into the return pump section. The left drain would flow directly to the return pump section. I believe you have your skimmer in that area so all water is skimmed. I hope that makes sense

Grasping at straws, but that may be for an emergency overflow. However, I would think there would be an allocation for two returns in that other section for your primary and secondary drains. Then if they backup, the emergency would go straight to the return section of the sump. As mentioned by @reefing102, it is a unique design.

Back