Zoa Pest Identification

Justinreefer

Hi All,

First post here, any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

I have had this zoa colony for about 4 months and it was doing well until recently. I have been noticing a bunch of pests making it their home and really causing some issues with polyps not opening. I believe there are some feather dusters and aiptasia but this morning i noticed something else that I am unable to identify. My parameters look good and the only recent changes i made was adding some euphyllia on the other side of the tank. I have attached some pictures to help, there is one with what I believe is the feather duster and one that clearly shows a white sponge looking thing on top of a polyp. Any idea how I can help this colony get back to full health?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180921_093257.jpg
    20180921_093257.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180921_092059.jpg
    20180921_092059.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2
So after doing some more research i am not thinking that the "feather dusters" are actually hydroids, so i will be trying to deal with those in the near future. That being said I am still unable to figure out what the white sponge is in the picture.

That's a pineapple sponge. Normal to see in tanks, but they can become a problem if they start clogging your pipes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back