Zoanthid & Palythoa Photographs/Tanks/Videos

I got lucky today. Went to one of our LFS that I hadn't been to in a while and it changed hands but retained the name.

I checked out their selection of SW fish first with no intention of buying any but did want to see if perhaps they were now doing some corals or frags. Lo and behold the last section had a few 40 gallon tanks with various sizes and types :). Picked up a few supplies I needed and then went back and got what I'd call a Dragons Eye with a lazer green center. Also a nice sized blueish 'shroom.

Got them acclimated to the temp at home and then carefully put them in my tank. What I didn't notice was a very small tiny frag on a chip of rock. I think it's a yellow/green Ricordia but will have to wait til it grows. Under actinic blue it's amazingly bright. Will try to get pics when and if I can to post.

My first Paly

My first Paly

My tank is just about 7 weeks old and I have just started adding coral. Is this Green Button or some type of Paly or are they the same thing? I've looked online and see it referred to as either/or so was just curious.

36851915422_6aa7acf727_b.jpg
[/url]palyfocusstacknix by Claudia Nix, on Flickr[/IMG]

Attachments

• palyfocusstacknix.jpg
    palyfocusstacknix.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
I can't decide which Zoas to have in my first tank. It's going to be a 30 gal and I have these four I really want.
0b29baacea910fdba67d021a59df7bdf.jpg
96bda74de97e1dbf83566ee9ee742323.jpg
3744cef4623d666ddf9a26ce940161a7.jpg
a6ad3b2084d50b6edf0fe2c0b0bdb48c.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Personally, I'd get all four of them. They compliment another well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Will they all fit? I was also planning on getting mushroom, hammer/frogspawn, duncan, and some other beginner coral

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Palythoa Caribaeorum

Palythoa Caribaeorum

Attached is a picture of my Palythoa Caribaeorum at 6 months in tank. Purchased from Caribbean Tropicals in October of 2018. Matt is great to work with on special shipments.

Attachments

• palythoa caribaeorum-5.jpg
    palythoa caribaeorum-5.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 4
Sea Mat

Sea Mat

Matt at Caribbean Tropicals sells it as White Sea Mat.
Make sure to get it overnight with extra water.

Anyone know the name of this yellow with pink skirt zoa? Bam Bam to the right and rastas too the left. And if anyone's wondering....Twizzlers below, blood suckers top left, lemon lime at top middle and top right is RPE.
d2972dbb3e5d52fc04808da6adc8d1f4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Back