Zoanthids

theeschen

I have a large rock covered with Zoanthids and it is too big for my 29 gal tank. It has spread in the 18 months I have had and is a bit much now that the other corals have grown also. It is free to a good home, I just plan to replace it with dry rock.

You are welcome to it anytime. It is posted on my gallery, zoanthid rock, I didn't mess around trying to add it to my post. It is brown and green, sometimes yellow, looks a lot like the one in your gallery.

PM me to arrange a pickup time, I am around most evenings, if the conditions are good, I am off kite skiing on weekend days.

Tony

The rock is gorgeous...! And so is your tank, I would love to do some trading with you and get a tank tour!!!

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/80540Zoathids.jpg

The greedy reefer part of me is screaming "Go now! Get it, get it! My precious!" LOL... but I gotta Honest Abe this one or I'll feel bad later. :D

If I were you, I would take the rock into Aquatic Concepts, or your favorite fish store, and get trade credit for more rock, equipment, fish, corals, etc... because you would get the most out of your investment. No one who saw this would think badly of you for doing so either- many people do not know they can do that, or even how much they could get for it. You could also take a chisel to it, and sell the frags on here locally to lots of folks that would likely give you $15-20 a frag of 15 polyps or so- and they would also likely come to your door.

However, if you aren't wanting to do that, I will come get the rock! And for the guys who responded to this thread after me, I will give you frags of it for free.

I am PMing you my contact info.

:D
Laurie

Laurie, I'm sorry to have missed this one since I sooo want to get into a few(or many for that matter) zoas/palys. But am glad it went to someone in SWAM. See you soon, Sue

Back