Zoo lighting help

why not just get a 10g AGA tank ($9), and about 65-95w of PC lighting if you want to keep it the bare minimum.

2g's is just too small unless you have alot of experience with largers tanks. smallers ones like this are much harder to establish than larger tanks.

I did see a thread on another reef site about a year ago where someone did a nano with LEDs. they were some special ones that were super bright. Things were so expensive though it costs about 3-4 times what a really nice light would have cost him.

What's the reason you want to use LED's for lighting when there are SO many better options out there? sufnvb7 has a great point about that small of a tank too. Is this your first reef tank?

This isn't my first reef tank, have a established main tank already. Just wanted to make a nano for fun. Originally i was thinking of 30watts of pc lights, but that'll produce plently of heat so i would have to install a fan. But if i can use LED's which use less energy, but just as bright with almost no heat it would be a plus. And besides no need to replace LED's for a long time.
So anybody have any thoughts? I was thinking about using these http://superlumination.com/fixtures.htm
Thinking about 2 x 24LED whites and 1x 24LED blues and the specs say it has a brightness of 480,000mcd with a viewing angle of 270 degrees.

any input appreciated

knock yourself out, tell us how it goes......

i've seen people do stuff like this before, but never seen the long term results on how the corals managed....which leads me to think that whatever wavelength of light LED's put out doesn't do it for the corals to survive...

Back