1-Radion xr15w pro or 2-Ai Prime HD for IM 25 Lagoon

ravenr108

Hi guys just got my IM 25 lagoon yesterday. I am just working on lighting now. Do you think it would be better to go with 1- Radion xr15 with wide lenses or 2 - ai prime HD? This will be sps only tank!! Shadowing is a big concern.

I have the 10 gal IM nuvo fusion and an AI prime. It's a great light. When I upgrade to a bigger tank, I will just get more of them. Using 2 primes for 24" tank will decrease your shadowing.
If I was to do a hood, I would use t5's and LED for no shadows. But I like the clean modern look of no hood or bulky top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys just got my IM 25 lagoon yesterday. I am just working on lighting now. Do you think it would be better to go with 1- Radion xr15 with wide lenses or 2 - ai prime HD? This will be sps only tank!! Shadowing is a big concern.

You will need two of them with that tank. I have the Nuvo 20 and an XR 15 Pro needless to say it is barely enough coverage and I'm thinking about getting a second one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
I use the xr30 for my lagoon with the wide angle lens.
You have to tone down the brightness but it fills the tank fairly well.

AI Primes

AI Primes

I just started a 24x24x12 Lagoon and I have 2 Primes, non-HD.

I would certainly not go with one on my 24x24, however, with 2 I am in great shape. I think the HD is 10 more watts, I forget, but still I think you would have edge shadows with only one AI unit. Good luck!

I'm running an AI hydra 26. One unit controllable and no shadows and I liked how you didn't have to buy a reed link like you would for the Ecotech products. No real experience with growing coral with the light yet and I'm sure I'm going to have to run at very low percentiles.

Ok I am going to go AI. Some one told me a hydra 26 would be better than 2 Primes. Is this true? I figured I could spread the 2 primes out and get better coverage. Isn't the prime just 1/2 of a hydra 26? So 2 primes would cost a little more but should give more flexibility.

do you know what he meant by "better"?

not sure about those particular lights but any quality led is going to give you more than enough par/pur on a 12" deep tank.

For branching acropora I say go for multiple pucks and whatever light you think looks the best. like you said, shadowing is a big concern.

I have 1 prime (disclaimer) on 10 gallon.
Things to think about.
2 primes allow you the ability to separate and decrease shadowing.
But 2 primes are $50 more plus 2 instead of 1 mount.

I have sb reef lights on my 90 gallon. I do love these light. I am looking for something a little more sleeker on this tank.

Back