100 Gallon Cube Resurrection

Royal gramma

Attachments

• IMG_8712.jpeg
    IMG_8712.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
So.....

It's been about two months since I have posted on here. I have almost all new fish in the tank after my Hawkfish tortured everyone in the tank. THEN about 2 weeks ago I got an Ich outbreak starting with my Gem Tang.

This hobby continues to surprise me with how sensitive our inhabitants are. The reason why I started a whole new build was to get rid of a Velvet outbreak and now I am dealing with Ich. I have had a saltwater fish tanks for about 9 or 10 years and have never had this bad of luck. I am learning that Ich is a lot more common than I had thought.

I am dosing Ich X daily and doing water changes every 3 days.

All of my fish are eating and seem like they want to win the fight.

My question for you all is have you had any luck running a UV Sterilzer and if so what brand and strength would you recommend for a 100 gallon tank?

I really want to run a reef tank with corals but I cant' stand to continue losing fish over a terrible disease.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry to hear about the troubles. I don’t run a UV sterilizer and haven’t researched much to be able to help answer that question

Dang, like Shane said, sorry to hear about the Ich. Also, like Shane, I've never run a UV so I won't be much help, sorry.

Take note that I'm very, very new to the hobby so I only know what I saw or read. You can probably learn the basics from this short video. The manufacturers should have recommended specs for your purpose. Sorry to hear about the Ich. Personally I'm going for the medicated quarantine for the fish and a 3 month fish-less fallow period for anything else in another tank to try and prevent anything getting into the main display to begin with. If that will work ... is yet to be seen. You probably already know, but UV only controls, it doesn't kill.

Back