1000 GPD RODI or Better?

Itchy Trigger

Can anyone here recommend a very high output RODI system? I've been using a 300 gpd "Mako" model from AquaFX with a booster pump (I'm on well water). Works just fine, but I'm filling two 300g storage tanks and need to do so in much less than 48 hrs if at all possible. AquaFX has their "Blue Marlin" model, but before I just sink another $1k + into that I thought I'd see if anyone had any better ideas. Thanks in advance!

The cheapest option is to add another 300gpd membrane and housing and run them in series. Run the wasteline from the first into the second membrane's input. Run 1 flow restrictor on the last membrane's waste line. Merge the product water lines. You'll get 600gpd but the same wastewater you get now. I run two 75gpd's this way and I love it. You could technically run as many membranes as you want but the resultant TDS will rise slightly and your pressure may reduce. MIne went from 80psi to 65psi adding a second membrane but I stilll get 1 TDS product water. Maybe not what you were looking for but I thought I'd mention it.

The cheapest option is to add another 300gpd membrane and housing and run them in series. Run the wasteline from the first into the second membrane's input. Run 1 flow restrictor on the last membrane's waste line. Merge the product water lines. You'll get 600gpd but the same wastewater you get now. I run two 75gpd's this way and I love it. You could technically run as many membranes as you want but the resultant TDS will rise slightly and your pressure may reduce. MIne went from 80psi to 65psi adding a second membrane but I stilll get 1 TDS product water. Maybe not what you were looking for but I thought I'd mention it.

That's an interesting idea and one I hadn't thought of. Thank you. Will certainly consider that. I would love to get 1000 gpd if possible. My psi without the booster pump is only about 40. Booster gets it up to around 80 psi.

That's an interesting idea and one I hadn't thought of. Thank you. Will certainly consider that. I would love to get 1000 gpd if possible. My psi without the booster pump is only about 40. Booster gets it up to around 80 psi.

Yep, I'm the same with the booster. I'm on a well also. Glad to have given you another option.

So I'm looking at the unit I have - the AquaFX Mako 300 gpd system. There are three membrane housings on top, so I'm guessing these are each 100 gpd, and they appear to be run parallel... Should I be able to replace these with two (or even three?) 300 gpd membranes and run those in series?

So I'm looking at the unit I have - the AquaFX Mako 300 gpd system. There are three membrane housings on top, so I'm guessing these are each 100 gpd, and they appear to be run parallel... Should I be able to replace these with two (or even three?) 300 gpd membranes and run those in series?

Yes, assuming there are standard size 300gpd membranes. You also have to change the flow restrictor(s) to match the new membranes. I see some versions of that system have an adjustable flow restrictor which might eliminate the need for replacing it, but not sure if yours has it or how adjustable it is.

Thanks! I'll have to look into that. I think I've seen 300 gpd membranes listed online. Will see if I can find those and housings too.

I did just find this. I'll have to look into the flow restrictor issue, but could I potentially get two of these and put them in place of the existing three 100 gpd membranes? Seems too good to be true, so I'm imagining it must be. :worried:

I did just find this. I'll have to look into the flow restrictor issue, but could I potentially get two of these and put them in place of the existing three 100 gpd membranes? Seems too good to be true, so I'm imagining it must be. :worried:

Yes you can. They are larger diameter membranes and housings but otherwise should connect up the same. The number codes on membranes tell you there size. A normal 1812-75 for example is 1.8" diameter X 12" length and 75 gpd. The ones your linked are 3012-400 so 3" diameter. Some might steer you away from the off brand ones (meaning not Filmtec) but my experience with off brand membranes has been perfect. Half the Filmtecs online are counterfit anyway...

Back