10K DE bulbs. XM, EVC??

kdblove_99

I have 3 - 250 watt MH they are all Phoenix 14k. which i like alot.

but when i buy new ones was thinking of trying a 10K, I feel my growth could be better.

So on sanjays site the EVC 10 had the highest par and the XM was second but quite a bit behind.

anyone use these 2 bulbs?

I do not want yellow. more blue is better than yellow. bright hite is also ok.

Thank you,

Davey

Here is the chart

XMVSEVC.jpg
[/IMG]

with both those, you're getting a cct of 7000k and 5700k which will look yellow if you don't have strong actinics. If your looking for a crisp white color, look for something that has a cct of around 11000-15000k on sanjay's site.

What about the Sun Aquatics 10K? Really good PAr for DE and i have never seen a graph like this one. not sure how to read it. but looks good.

I couldnt find anywhere that sold this bulb even on there website did say this on there though
See for yourself from this independant research performed by Joseph Burger (JB NY on reefcentral).

SunAquatics.jpg
[/IMG]

if its par with no regard for color you want then whats the problem. just buy the highest par bulb you can find

Sheesh, how do they even call those 10K bulbs?! I thought my old ABs were bad with a CCT of <9000.

Check out the Giesemann Coral 14.5K bulbs (I think that's what they're called...Sanjay's site lists them as something like 13K or something). PPFD of about 126 I think, and CCT >9000. People say they are a nice crisp white with a lot of actinic content in the spectrum. Good for colors as well as growth. I am planning on trying those whenever my current Phoenix bulbs get old.

jds

Go for the Giessemann. They are bright white. I used them to replace my XM and ushio. The XM shifted after 3 months and was totally yellow. The ushio burned in yellowish too. So now I am with Giesemann abd like it so far. My corals are liking it and are starting to show some growth.

That giesseman seems nice.

I cannot find any place to buy it though.

Only the 14.5K magachrome on and that is not the same bulb as the 13K coral bulb.

Here it is

This is the "14.5K Megachrome Coral". I'm pretty sure that is what is listed as a 13K coral bulb on Sanjay's charts...either the name is wrong or it changed. The other non-coral bulb is the 12K Megachrome Marine I think.

jds

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10511026#post10511026 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99
That giesseman seems nice.

I cannot find any place to buy it though.

Only the 14.5K magachrome on and that is not the same bulb as the 13K coral bulb.

Back