125 Fish tank, Various Tanks, Supplies & More for Sale

Zoa

Hello All,

It has been ages since I have been on Reef Central or attended any LIRA meetings. As much as I have loved this hobby, it is not feasible for me at this time. My housemate and best friend was unemployed for two years, employed for a short time and then let go again. So any money I have has been directed to wonderful Long Island living. Therefore, the reality is, I need to let go with most of the stuff that I have. Don’t get me wrong, I have definitely chosen to keep some items for a future reef tank, but I have way, way too many related items. At one point I had two 125’s, one 75, a 30 and multiple smaller tanks. So I have a plethora of supplies.

I did not put prices on all items. Come check it out, if you like it, make me an offer. Just be reasonable for the larger $ items. I really need to downsize. Cash only. Smaller bills for lesser items needed. Not a bank. I am located in Ronkonkoma. My number is 631-509-2095. Service is lousy in my area, so texting is definitely better.
So, if you are interested, let me know. I will list the bigger items...

125 Reef Ready Tank: with 2 ¾” Sea Swirls, 20 tall refugium, 40 gallon breeder tank. Stand was custom made with roll out tracks for the refugium and other stuff below. Access to the tank from 3 sides. I will try to post pics and hope it works, yet have never been able to post pics here. I will send them to anyone who wants to take a look. The stand is made to hold either a 125 or a 180 tank. My friend and I designed this stand and paid someone to build it. I am well aware of access problems with most stands, and this one rectifies those issues! The canopy was hand built by another friend. All wood, no screws except for those to hold lighting. I never built doors on the canopy as I used black plastic flaps. The canopy fits the 125 tank size. The stand and canopy are covered in multiple coats of Western Marine black resin. Very well protected! Also, instead of where the tank has two area for intake and two for water coming in, I had two pieces custom built so that all four pieces allow water to drain in the tank and the sea swirls bring the water back. More water flow. If you don’t want this, you can always put the original pieces back in, I still have them. Looking for $850 or best offer.

A Stand that fits either a 75 or 90 gallon tank. This was hand made for a customer who changed their mind. I bought it and used it for a 75 gallon tank (which has been sold). Not the same access as the one above. Real oak. Covered in multiple layers of polyurethane.

Tanks:
15g tall with one 1” hole drilled $15
20g long with two 1” holes drilled $20
30g tall? Maybe a 29? Not sure of capacity but larger than a 20 $25
3-4 ten gallon tanks $3 each
20g tall with three dimensional background environment for maybe lizards or frogs. $10

Good Stuff
RENA Filstar xP4 hardly used. $80
Fluval 403 – for parts $10

Koralin bionitrator S3002 Nitrate Filter

APF600 Deltec Protein Skimmer
AquaC 180 or 120 Protein Skimmer. Used for 125 tank.
AquaC Remora Backpack Protein Skimmer
CPR mini Backpack Protein Skimmer

XL Diatom Filter – works well but does leak. I put it in a small tub to catch the leak which you can have and it worked just fine.

Angstrom 2537 Ultraviolet Sterilization Filter Unit -Model An-8 (8 watt lamp)

Lighting-
2 Blueline metal Halide 250W Pendant lights with ballasts
Light Rectangle Box perfect to hang in a canopy. Holds 3 175 MH bulbs. One ballast for all lights. Made and bought from a LI Reef Central member years ago.

Bulbs / Lamps – All lamps have been tested and work. I have no idea which are used. It is likely that the strip bulbs were not used or used lightly at best. Some of the MH bulbs I bought new and used from sellers here. Still going through light strips to see what works.

65W 460 nm Actinic 4 pin cube
65W 460 nm 10,000K 4 pin cube
65W 460 nm 6,7000K 4 pin cube (two available)
65W T6 6,7000K 4 pin horizontal/straight
55W T6 Actinic 4 pin horizontal/straight
55W T6 10,000K 4 pin horizontal/straight
F20 T8 AQ
F20 T10 AQ
150W Metal Halide 15,000K double end
250W Metal Halide Blue double end
250W Metal Halide 14,000K double end

Assorted rock and coral –not live

Yardright Tropical Play Sand
That’s right, this is not an urban legend! When they stopped mining the island for sand years ago, I called around everywhere, checking with various distributors for this stuff. I found it in Malone, NY. I loaded up my friend’s truck and bought whatever they had. Shortly thereafter I considered going bare bottom. Isn’t that always the way… I believe most of the bags are 40lbs, although I came across one that says 50lbs. I think I have about 10-20 bags on the shelf. $20 for one 40lb bag, $25 for a 50lb bag. Buy three or more bags and I will take off $5 per bag. Yes, I know this sand was cheap when it was available (key word “was”), although I still needed to travel up to Malone to get it.

Other Supplies / Material Goods
I also have a whole bunch of odds and ends, fittings, pieces, parts, power heads, etc…

For all of you that like to DIY, I have a bunch of glass shelving that you may be interested in cutting up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices must be posted for all items, under Reef Central policy. Otherwise, this thread will be removed.

Hey,

I might be interested in:

Koralin bionitrator S3002 Nitrate Filter
- Never used one of these, but i do have a very bad case of GHA (nitrates around 80) and ive tried to no avail to get rid the GHA. Can this be used inline off of a Rena Powerfilter you think? What do you put in it?

Angstrom 2537 Ultraviolet Sterilization Filter Unit -Model An-8 (8 watt lamp)
- Same here, never used a UV unit. Can i hang this on the back and run it off a powerhead?

How much are you asked for each?

Thanks!

ok, how exactly do I edit this page so I can add the prices?

As far as the bionitrator, it is connected to a pump which is still there, although I have not tested it. I did test the other pumps listed. It has been a while, but I do not think it needs to connect to the filter. I am sure, someone here will jump in and correct that if needed.

The UV sterilizer can hang on the side of the tank. It attaches to a pump, although you will have to research what type. You might be able to use a power head with the right gph, not sure.

bionitrator $200
UV Sterilizer $40

Prices posted and some add-ons

Prices posted and some add-ons

125 Reef Ready Tank: with 2 ¾” Sea Swirls, 20 tall refugium, 40 gallon breeder tank. Stand was custom made with roll out tracks for the refugium and other stuff below. Access to the tank from 3 sides. I will try to post pics and hope it works, yet have never been able to post pics here. I will send them to anyone who wants to take a look. The stand is made to hold either a 125 or a 180 tank. My friend and I designed this stand and paid someone to build it. I am well aware of access problems with most stands, and this one rectifies those issues! The canopy was hand built by another friend. All wood, no screws except for those to hold lighting. I never built doors on the canopy as I used black plastic flaps. The canopy fits the 125 tank size. The stand and canopy are covered in multiple coats of Western Marine black resin. Very well protected! Also, instead of where the tank has two area for intake and two for water coming in, I had two pieces custom built so that all four pieces allow water to drain in the tank and the sea swirls bring the water back. More water flow. If you don’t want this, you can always put the original pieces back in, I still have them. I believe I have a mag 12 with the check-valve, but this is not part of the sale. If I have it you can have it with the tank purchase, if I don't, you will need to get one if you don't have one. Looking for $850 or best offer.

A Stand that fits either a 75 or 90 gallon tank. This was hand made for a customer who changed their mind. I bought it and used it for a 75 gallon tank (which has been sold). Not the same access as the one above. Real oak. Covered in multiple layers of polyurethane.

Tanks:
15g tall with one 1” hole drilled $15
20g long with two 1” holes drilled $20
30g tall? Maybe a 29? Not sure of capacity but larger than a 20 $25
3-4 ten gallon tanks $3 each
20g tall with three dimensional background environment for maybe lizards or frogs. $10

Good Stuff
RENA Filstar xP4 hardly used. $80
Fluval 403 – for parts $10

Koralin bionitrator S3002 Nitrate Filter $200

APF600 Deltec Protein Skimmer $400
AquaC 180 or 120 Protein Skimmer. Used for 125 tank. $175
AquaC Remora Backpack Protein Skimmer $125
CPR mini Backpack Protein Skimmer $75

XL Diatom Filter – works well but does leak. I put it in a small tub to catch the leak which you can have the tub. $65

Angstrom 2537 Ultraviolet Sterilization Filter Unit -Model An-8 (8 watt lamp), hangs on the side of the tank. $40

Lighting-
2 Blueline metal Halide 250W Pendant lights with ballasts $150 for one, $250 for the set.
Light Rectangle Box perfect to hang in a canopy. Holds 3 175 MH bulbs. One ballast for all lights. Made and bought from a LI Reef Central member years ago. $200

Bulbs / Lamps – All lamps have been tested and work. I have no idea which are used. It is likely that the strip bulbs were not used or used lightly at best. Some of the MH bulbs I bought new and used from sellers here. Still going through light strips to see what works.

65W 460 nm Actinic 4 pin cube $12
65W 460 nm 10,000K 4 pin cube $12
65W 460 nm 6,7000K 4 pin cube (two available) $12 each
65W T6 6,7000K 4 pin horizontal/straight $15
55W T6 Actinic 4 pin horizontal/straight $15
55W T6 10,000K 4 pin horizontal/straight $15
F20 T8 AQ $10
F20 T10 AQ $10
150W Metal Halide 15,000K double end $35
250W Metal Halide Blue double end $35
250W Metal Halide 14,000K double end $35

Pumps
Mag 3 (350 gph) $20
Mag 7 (700 gph) does not work right, this is for someone who wants to tinker $10
Surge 6000 (870 gph) $45
Pump that no longer has any label. Looks like a mag. $20

Assorted rock and coral –not live $2 a lb, 30 lbs+ $1.50 a lb

Yardright Tropical Play Sand
That’s right, this is not an urban legend! When they stopped mining the island for sand years ago, I called around everywhere, checking with various distributors for this stuff. I found it in Malone, NY. I loaded up my friend’s truck and bought whatever they had. Shortly thereafter I considered going bare bottom. Isn’t that always the way… I believe most of the bags are 40lbs, although I came across one that says 50lbs. I think I have about 10-20 bags on the shelf. $20 for one 40lb bag, $25 for a 50lb bag. Buy three or more bags and I will take off $5 per bag. Yes, I know this sand was cheap when it was available (key word “was”), although I still needed to travel up to Malone to get it.

Everything is as is. Make sure you are happy when you buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back