1800 Gal build - single pane front 110' x 42' glass thickness ?

opofcabo

I am moving my outdoor koi pond fish (3500 gal) into a custom indoor pond in my basement total size (144' x 72' x 42'deep) total water volume a little over 1800 gal. My outdoor pond is over ran with gold fish and my 10 koi (8" to 16" in size) need a private protected pond since blue herons have wiped me out in past years.
My indoor pond will have one large front pane of glass or acrylic and I need to know the thickness of each needed. It seems I would need a 3 to 4 times the glass thickness verse acrylic, but also know acrylic cost a lot more..
Can anyone direct me to a site or knows what thickness I would need for the above described indoor pond (aquarium) that will have a single pane front and sealed concrete floor, and 3 walls, (walls are cinderblock in ground basement and will have a steel bar strengthened 4 inch concrete walls added to all walls and floor. floor in already 6 inch thick concrete.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.. this is going in my mancave!!!

My 143x38"x3/4" glass has been great. No deflection at all

My old 84"x45" piece was also 3/4" and also had no deflection. Bot tanks were however eurobraced and had multiple points of front to back cross bracing as well. They were both plywood

My next build will be probably(hopefully) 120x48x48 plywood and the glass will again be 118x46x3/4"

But will be typical plywood built with the front pane overlapping the wood by a couple inches all the way around

Back