1st shipment

seacritter

I received my first shipment of the 60 gallon package yesterday.
All five boxes were in excellent condition and dry. The live sand was very impressive and very natural looking. The live rock was fantastic. I was not expecting so much life on the rock, it was hard
to figure out how to position it in the tank as far as which side should go up. I laid out all the rock on a tarp first to look for unwanted critters and to my surprise a small octopus came out of one of the larger rocks. I also picked off about 8 crabs. I put the sand and live rock in my new tank and I have to say that I am very impressed with the first half of the package. I can't wait to go thru my cycle and receive the second half. I can't imagine my second shipment having more life on the rocks. Thanks Richard for personally packaging my order!

Re: 1st shipment

seacritter said:
We received our first shipment of a 50 gallon package on Monday and I ditto everything you said about the quality of the package. Ours was a 4 box shipment and the life is unbelieveable. Southwest Airlines got the boxes to us all in great shape. But to keep it on the same airplane, we were the 4th stop. We got our rock home at 10:30 pm. It was after 1 am before we turned off the lights.
I hope to start my own thread in a week or so with lots of pictures but time is holding be back right now. I can't seem to be able to pull away from looking at this new 'thing we have in the other room'.
Another point is that everyone talks about the rock, but the life in the sand is something else also. I have found snails, hermits, limpets, stars, worms,and so many other things that I can't identify.
If all my problems were like this, life would be heaven, but if this is base rock, where do we stack the second shipment? Don't worry Richard, we will find somewhere. There is great life on 3 to 4 sides of many pieces. Its still early but after 24 hours NH4 and NO3 are zero.

Gary

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback guys.....

You have a piece of the ocean at home now!
FYI we supply deco and coral rock with our packages....we use no "base" rock, we ship the best to our Package customers!

also there will be a link to a DIY mantis/crab trap thanks to Hy, out west....should be up by tonight, will be under the DIY button....

Thanks
Richard TBS
PS
somebody make the wind stop blowing down here so I can go diving!!

Re: Thanks!

Re: Thanks!

liverock said:
Thanks for the feedback guys.....

You have a piece of the ocean at home now!
FYI we supply deco and coral rock with our packages....we use no "base" rock, we ship the best to our Package customers!

also there will be a link to a DIY mantis/crab trap thanks to Hy, out west....should be up by tonight, will be under the DIY button....
Sorry for using the term 'base'.
The one big rock you sent have so many corals, sponges and gorgonians on the top of it that it will be holding a feature location in the tank. No other rock will be stacked on top of it.
It is fun to watch the Candelabra Gorgonia feed.

Gary

Re: Re: Thanks!

Re: Re: Thanks!

OrchidMan said:
Sorry for using the term 'base'.
The one big rock you sent have so many corals, sponges and gorgonians on the top of it that it will be holding a feature location in the tank. No other rock will be stacked on top of it.
It is fun to watch the Candelabra Gorgonia feed.

Gary

Hey no problem on the base thing....
just wanted to clarify what we ship with the Package....

And....

Wait to you get the second shipment, you may rethink that "stacking"...as it will be coral city!
Richard TBS

Re: 1st shipment

sea critter,

what did you do with the small octopus?

seacritter said:
All five boxes were in excellent condition and dry. The live sand was very impressive and very natural looking. The live rock was fantastic. I was not expecting so much life on the rock, it was hard
to figure out how to position it in the tank as far as which side should go up. I laid out all the rock on a tarp first to look for unwanted critters and to my surprise a small octopus came out of one of the larger rocks. I also picked off about 8 crabs. I put the sand and live rock in my new tank and I have to say that I am very impressed with the first half of the package. I can't wait to go thru my cycle and receive the second half. I can't imagine my second shipment having more life on the rocks. Thanks Richard for personally packaging my order!

Back