2 part in equal amounts??

MattinIdaho

I think on the B Ionic bottle it specifically says to add in equal parts. When 2 part dosing how important is this? Are there ever times you would add more of one than another to make up for a larger deficiency in either Ca or Ak or do you need to add equal amounts and let it equal itself out?

normally only a water change will change the balance and make you add different amounts of your 2 part

I remember reading an article on how the balance could change when removing nitrates by water changes but I don't remember exactly what it was about,other members should be able to explain more..

I use brightwell and have to dose a lot more calcium than alkalinity but they do say on there website that you might need to dose more of 1 than the other. I have never tried b-ionic

I use b ionic and I seem to use quite a bit more alk than ca. I worry more about my tanks consumption than the generic instructions. the instructions are a good starting point, but I think the tank dictates the amount to use.

For regular maintenance you should dose equal parts as the 2 parts are balanced based on normal consumption rates. If alc or cal get out of balance then it is ok to dose 1 or the other solo to bring back into balance.

I use the same 2 part...unequal amounts are fine. due to variations between peoples tanks, some folks need more alk or maybe more cal than a balanced addition of both.

Back