200 gallon Instant Ocean for $36.70 delivered from DFS

D-Nak

Just wanted to point out a deal on salt. Doctor Foster & Smith has a 25% off coupon today for fish supplies. The code is:

LOYALFSH

It works on all non-MAP items, including Instant Ocean salt which is currently on sale (it usually it as DFS). If you buy 2 boxes, you qualify for free shipping.

So, 2 x $39.99 - 25% + tax + free shipping = $73.39 for two boxes, or $36.70 each box delivered to your door.

I tried it and it didn't work. can not be use on onsale items it says.

Nope, it should work!

2016-04-11_10-09-11_zpsm4g5eqxh.jpg

Though my math as a little off, since it comes out to $36.95 per box.

Also, it looks like they're taking off the 25% off the normal price of $44.99, but you're still saving money and it's the cheapest I've found right now. Amazon's price is $39.99 but they charge tax on top of it.

I just tried it, it worked for me.
I did not order, I just ordered and received it from marinedepot. they will price match.
I ordered from marinedepot thinking I will get it sooner, but they now ship from Atlanta instead of Los Angeles so it takes 5 days via Fedex instead of 1-2 days.

curious, how long does it take to receive using DFS?

Last edited:
Also, it looks like they're taking off the 25% off the normal price of $44.99, but you're still saving money and it's the cheapest I've found right now. Amazon's price is $39.99 but they charge tax on top of it.

DFS charges sales tax as well, that's why I did not place the order with them, but true this is the lowest total price.

Kent was supposed to be more than Instant Ocean by $5 each, but for some reason showed more savings than Instant Ocean with the code... $36 each shipped as well! Thanks a lot, bought 3!

Derrick, this is for Reef Crystals, not just basic IO?

I think Reef Crystals is $10 more per box, but the coupon works for both. It takes 25% off the normal price. So if something is already on sale, the savings is less.

yeah noticed the 25% off was off the non sale price of 44.95 but whatever it's good for salt. Just make sure to meet the FedEx guy at his truck with a dolly and he'll hate you a whole lot less :D

Back