2020 slash

A couple of suggestions were made a while back about pizza nights having workshops every once in a while to expand on diy Reefkeeping. We can pay mkart for acrylic and he can walk us through making fish traps, acclimation boxes etc. someone brings calibration fluid and we can all calibrate our refractometers. Any other ideas for workshops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of suggestions were made a while back about pizza nights having workshops every once in a while to expand on diy Reefkeeping. We can pay mkart for acrylic and he can walk us through making fish traps, acclimation boxes etc. someone brings calibration fluid and we can all calibrate our refractometers. Any other ideas for workshops?

Host a pizza night and someone can bring the Par meter and map out your tank. That would give some incentive for people to do pizza nights.

Host a pizza night and someone can bring the Par meter and map out your tank. That would give some incentive for people to do pizza nights.

Great idea on the par meter!

Also I am game for a workshop at my place. I only have a sheet of 3/8" and some 1/2" in clear right now so I'll have to pick up 3/16 or 1/4 for traps or acclimation boxes. I will say I am not an expert but have done well making my own stuff to include calcium reactors, GFO reactors, traps, algae scrubbers and others. Getting ready to build dosing containers but I have to say if I didn't already have the 6" tube I would probably just buy the Vertex ones. That stuff is expensive and even scraps are full price!

I was in the marine game 5-6 years ago but moves, family, and career had gotten the best of me I just restarted one of my tanks about a month ago, just added my first live stock. Once my basement is finished hopefully this year my larger tank Will be set up again. With all that being said the big draws for me are meeting like minded people in person, the coral sonar program seems very interesting yet a little confusing. And getting good information on swaps in the area (As long as they are in the true mind of swaps. If I can go to my LFS and pay the same price if not less then what is the use?) I'm still debating on signing up officially or not. But look forward to conversing with all of you more now that I have found you.

Great idea on the par meter!

Also I am game for a workshop at my place. I only have a sheet of 3/8" and some 1/2" in clear right now so I'll have to pick up 3/16 or 1/4 for traps or acclimation boxes. I will say I am not an expert but have done well making my own stuff to include calcium reactors, GFO reactors, traps, algae scrubbers and others. Getting ready to build dosing containers but I have to say if I didn't already have the 6" tube I would probably just buy the Vertex ones. That stuff is expensive and even scraps are full price!

Must have known a good dude to give you that tube...

One became a reactor but I think I still have the second. It probably has a few fish traps in its future.

Back