220 in wall build up

The picture with the lighting difference is crazy. That is a great comparison. Is the left side 20 K and the center 10K or what do you have in those. What config are you going to use.

I am setting up my 300 display right now too and I went with 3 400 watt reeflux 12K and 4 -T5 URI whites and 4 VHO Super Actinics. I have no idea what the color will look like yet. I will by Sunday though:D

The far left in that shot is a 12k Reflux bulb that had been on for awhile (more than 10 minutes) the center bulb is also a 12k Reflux that had not been on a minute yet (just hung the light) and the far right is a 10K hamilton that had been on all day.

I have three 12k Reflux' on now, all 400w. The look of the tank is reflected good in this shot, the outside light is more yellow which is why the luminarc's look copper in color

_KJS8465.jpg

The guy doing the finish work on the cabinet for me is not moving as fast as I would like, but he is doing it for some old aquarium gear...he set up a freshwater system for his kids with an old 45T, stand, filter etc. I had laying around.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10652441#post10652441 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vegaskid11
The picture with the lighting difference is crazy. That is a great comparison. Is the left side 20 K and the center 10K or what do you have in those. What config are you going to use.

I am setting up my 300 display right now too and I went with 3 400 watt reeflux 12K and 4 -T5 URI whites and 4 VHO Super Actinics. I have no idea what the color will look like yet. I will by Sunday though:D

What reflectors will you be using? With the luminarcs there really is not room for any other lights with a 24" deep tank. Something too keep in mind when your planning. I had planned on throwing some PC lights up in my hood when doing this, but did not expect the luinarcs to be so wide for some reason.

Is the tank hanging off the edge of the stand in this pic??

Looks great otherwise!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10484273#post10484273 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KurtsReef

_D207866.jpg

looks awesome.does your puffer mess with anything in the tank.i had one a long time ago and would love to put one in my 180 but i was told they arent reef safe

He eats snails and has been seen picking at one clam. I (due to lack of proper QT procedures) currently in the process of dismantling the tank to get all the fish out. The Puffer is one that after cured of ICH will not return to the display.

When he was smaller he was no problem, he has been seen eating the snails and is suspected of eating two clown gobies. He will be a refugium or sump fish unless I decide to either trade him in or get another all-fish tank.

It has nothing to do with corals, he has never been seen bothering any LPS or recently the SPS I have acquired. It did eat a 'foot' off a clam that had fallen from a rock, however that clam is still alive 3 or 4 weeks later.

Well, the MH bulbs should be cool enough to remove on so that I can take off a fixture to remove the large rocks that the fish are hiding behind. :mad:

What reflectors will you be using? With the luminarcs there really is not room for any other lights with a 24" deep tank. Something too keep in mind when your planning. I had planned on throwing some PC lights up in my hood when doing this, but did not expect the luinarcs to be so wide for some reason.

I also have 3 lumenarcs going on my tank. I have a 30 wide tank so it leaves me with 11" or 5.5 on either side. I am running 4- 4' T5 w/ reflector along the outside of the luminarcs. I also have 4 - 24"T12 actinics running opposite in between the luminarcs.

Thats funny I am running Reeflux 12K also. I bought the coralvue electronic dimmable ballast and the lumenarcs from reefexotics.com I think the color looks great on your tank. I cant wait to set mine up.

Back